IGNORED

So, the other week,....

Rougarou

first let me start by saying the signs were subtle, almost unnoticeable.

I had a trip to Maryland that I had to make so the entire ride up and back, I would feel an ever so slight miss, an almost non-existent miss. I attributed it to road feel and a bit of wind buffeting.

Throughout the winter, my mileage dropped to the lower 40's,...I attributed it to winter gas and throttle joy,....

so, the other week, I'm riding to work as usual, take a usual turn, throttle through only to find that the engine bogs down......wrong gear,.....down shift, keep going. But I wasn't in the wrong gear, everytime I throttled it, the engine would bog down.

I could do a moderate increase in speed and the bike did well. Passing was interesting, but the bike held it's own.

Got home from work that afternoon (bike still doing the same thing). First thing, reset the throttle (easiest to perform). No changes. I did recall filling up the day prior to the bogging down beginning,.....hmmm, bad gas??? Nah, can't be, it only happens on an aggressive twist.

Start researching. Three issues immediately surface, coils, O2 sensor or fuel issue.

Since I didn't have time to do the diagnostics myself, I dropped it off locally and had them start on the coils,....and that was the issue.

Since I'm frugal (fancy word for cheap), I had them throw on a used coil and was on my way.

The moral to the story, listen and feel the subtle signs.

I'm glad it was something simple,....I've got less than 9k to hit my goal of 106k on the bike.

I'm sure 106k mile goal makes sense to you, but that does seem like an odd number to shoot for??? :P My goal is to at least get 50 years riding under my belt and I have just 2 seasons to go. :grin:

Oh, glad you found your problem!

I'm sure 106k mile goal makes sense to you, but that does seem like an odd number to shoot for??? :P My goal is to at least get 50 years riding under my belt and I have just 2 seasons to go. :grin:

Oh, glad you found your problem!

Bought the bike with 5800 on it, I gotta get 100k,....so, 106k is the goal for this bike. Won't consider getting rid of it until after that goal.....then again, I just may not get rid of it at all ;)

Should be able to hit the goal in under four months.

Edited by Living the Dream