IGNORED

ABSII & LED's...

Nd4spd68

Hi all, I'm new to the R1100S community and have a question surrounding the ABS faults. Most of the research I've found hasn't answered the this question; does this version of ABS monitor the tail light bulb? More specifically, would installing an LED bulb cause a fault? This is on a late '99 R1100S... Thank you I advance for any info/insight you can share.

Mark

Hi all, I'm new to the R1100S community and have a question surrounding the ABS faults. Most of the research I've found hasn't answered the this question; does this version of ABS monitor the tail light bulb? More specifically, would installing an LED bulb cause a fault? This is on a late '99 R1100S... Thank you I advance for any info/insight you can share.

Mark

Afternoon Mark

If your 1100S has the old ABS II (piston) system then NO, if your bike has the later I-ABS (wizzy) brake system then YES, if your 1100S doesn't have ABS then NO.

On the later I-ABS (wizzy) systems you won't get a brake failure fault light with an LED tail light but you c-o-u-l-d get a general warning light.

Edited by dirtrider