IGNORED

Fuel additive (Techron)

PAS

I have referenced this in the past. To help prevent injector clogging and, to lessen the chance of fuel gauge issues.

TECHRON CONCENTRATE PLUS:

"It has been shown the active ingredients in Techron Concentrate Plus can prevent harmful sulfur components in gasoline from attacking sensitive electronic fuel sending units on some vehicles. This protection has been shown to last for thousands of miles."

The BMW fuel system cleaner plus is made by Chevron or Standard Oil to BMW 's specs.

It has 3 times the Techron and also boosts octane, acts as a fuel preservative and stabilizer, and prevents the oxidation.

1oz per gallon every 3k miles.

Here's an excerpt from the BMW Bulletin.

Online anywhere from 14.95 -19.95 a 20oz bottle.

I've used it for years.

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/bmw-fuel-system-cleaner-p2250.aspx

The BMW fuel system cleaner plus is made by Chevron or Standard Oil to BMW 's specs.

It has 3 times the Techron and also boosts octane, acts as a fuel preservative and stabilizer, and prevents the oxidation.

1oz per gallon every 3k miles.

Here's an excerpt from the BMW Bulletin.

Online anywhere from 14.95 -19.95 a 20oz bottle.

I've used it for years.

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/bmw-fuel-system-cleaner-p2250.aspx

Morning Tri750

I don't see anything in the BMW Techron that adds octane (octane rating). Do you have any documentation that shows how this product can add octane?

Will Tectron repair any damage caused by PO's use of ethanol-laced gas? Although it is more expensive to use 100% gas, I am now using it in both my Beemers. I've run some Seafoam in a couple times.

Will Tectron repair any damage caused by PO's use of ethanol-laced gas? Although it is more expensive to use 100% gas, I am now using it in both my Beemers. I've run some Seafoam in a couple times.

Morning Roger

Depends on: what damage was done using ethanol-laced gas. 10% ethanol gasoline shouldn't have damaged anything unless the bike sat in storage for a long time with sour ethanol gasoline in it.

When the BMW system cleaner was introduced at a dealer meeting, the claims were.

Cleans injectors and carbs.

Anti-oxidant for car and motorcycle fuel strip life.

Fuel preservative

Octane booster.

His stuff has been magical in both carb and FI use.

Both at the dealership I worked at and in my own garage.

I use it to this day.

The Naptha in the cleaner would probably be the reason the octane got boosted.

I found my file of the MSDS (SDS) sheet from BMW.

If anyone wants it, I'll email it to you.

When the BMW system cleaner was introduced at a dealer meeting, the claims were.

Cleans injectors and carbs.

Anti-oxidant for car and motorcycle fuel strip life.

Fuel preservative

Octane booster.

His stuff has been magical in both carb and FI use.

Both at the dealership I worked at and in my own garage.

I use it to this day.

The Naptha in the cleaner would probably be the reason the octane got boosted.

I found my file of the MSDS (SDS) sheet from BMW.

If anyone wants it, I'll email it to you.

Morning Tri750

Naphtha has a very low octane rating.

One thing I noticed about BMW fuel system cleaner plus from the

dealer is it no longer lists Techron Technology anywhere on

the bottle. Did BMW drop Techron ?? Is the newer cleaner just as

good?? Both bottles have the same part number.

Not a serious problem as you can buy bottles of Techron at

Wal Mart.

Works wonders in my old Toro lawn mower. :thumbsup:

BG products BG44k is a superior fuel injection cleaning agent. Not cheap though. Usually about 28 dollars a bottle, but well worth it IMHO.

Edited by SAS

Morning Roger

Depends on: what damage was done using ethanol-laced gas. 10% ethanol gasoline shouldn't have damaged anything unless the bike sat in storage for a long time with sour ethanol gasoline in it.

I don't know anything of the riding habits of the first 2 owners, other than the bike was obviously not well-maintained by the first owner, as evidenced by the numerous items changed at the 48K maintenance--leaking gas tank, leaking oil window, no fluid in the rear shock, etc. 2nd owner paid almost $1900 for that maintenance but mostly let the cycle sit for the year he owned it but says he kept the new battery on a trickle charger. (The "new" battery would not charge past 12.6V when I first bought it, so a new MotoBatt went in.) When my friend Michael did a once over, he found the starter to be dragging, throttle bodies way out of balance, clutch linkage too tight and a couple other items which a prudent owner (or BMW mechanic) would have maintained or known about. So, a valve adjustment, TB sync, fluid in the shock, new brake linings, new starter and I have myself a fine running R1100RT. I know about the inherent failure of Hall Sensor wiring and am keeping my fingers crossed I can get another 20K miles or so before having to tear into that project. I bought the bike to ride, not work on. Also, another friend's final drive bearing failed on his trip back from Key West (to NC) and left him stranded but close enough to Daytona to be towed to a BMW shop for bearing replacement.