IGNORED

There's a rainbow in my windshield

SoCalBmr

Also, is it a BMW screen or aftermarket.

BMW will gave a very small BMW roundel in the acrylic on the leading edge bottom.

By now most 1100's have had at least one screen change as the factory ones clouded or crazed in time.

The cloudiness can be polished away but soon returns.

I usually wear dark plastic close-fitting safety glasses. If they get broken or lost, I'm out $10. I don't think they're polarized, cause I try to avoid that. Don't think my cheap stogie (that I flavor up myself) would do it, either. Could be an aftermarket shield, will check for the roundel. I did use some lens/shield cleaner, but that shouldn't do it. I'm going to check the glasses next time I ride the Beemer in sunlight.

Look for the rainbow without the glasses.

If it is still there, follow it to the end - the gold you find will buy a new shield.

If you ask any Harley riders in my neck of the woods, they would say BMW riders are all "alternative", so the rainbow thing just follows suit. After riding my buddy home from northern Ontario "bitch" last fall when his Hall effect sensor failed on vacation, I'm not sure they are really too wrong. Ugh!

I usually wear dark plastic close-fitting safety glasses. If they get broken or lost, I'm out $10. I don't think they're polarized, cause I try to avoid that. Don't think my cheap stogie (that I flavor up myself) would do it, either. Could be an aftermarket shield, will check for the roundel. I did use some lens/shield cleaner, but that shouldn't do it. I'm going to check the glasses next time I ride the Beemer in sunlight.

Yes, depending, it can.

Did the rainbow "appear" after that?

:lurk: