IGNORED

Fuel Strip doesn't like Chevron flavor gas?

BeemerBerg

Was on a nice 5-day tour of Arizona last month (great weather!) on my 2010 RT. Filled up at a Chevron station, and a few miles later, the dreaded yellow triangle/zero fuel indicator went on. Quite familiar with this problem from my 2005 RT, so I figured I'd have to live with it. After a few stops & spirited riding, the light went out, and indicator worked. Next day filled up at generic gas station, and everything worked as it should.

Are the fuel strips particular about which brand we put in the tank?? Seems to be an intermittant problem.

Suggestions?

Was on a nice 5-day tour of Arizona last month (great weather!) on my 2010 RT. Filled up at a Chevron station, and a few miles later, the dreaded yellow triangle/zero fuel indicator went on. Quite familiar with this problem from my 2005 RT, so I figured I'd have to live with it. After a few stops & spirited riding, the light went out, and indicator worked. Next day filled up at generic gas station, and everything worked as it should.

Are the fuel strips particular about which brand we put in the tank?? Seems to be an intermittant problem.

Suggestions?

Afternoon BeemerBerg

Personally I haven't seen the fuel strip failures being fuel brand dependent as I have basically failed fuel strips with all the major brands.

At one time I though we had a going theory about filling the tank from the R/H side of the bike (I failed 3 strips on my 1200RT right after a R/H side tank fill) but after a while I failed 4 more filling from the L/H side.

Bottom line here: they just fail & fail often in some areas.

• 3 weeks later...
Don_Eilenberger
I only use chevron and have had no fuel strip issues ever!
I sincerely hope you were knocking on wood as you typed that... the failure isn't a brand issue. It's a quality control issue.
Obviously I know that, was trying to point out that there was nothing wrong with Chevron fuel.

Right.

It ain't the gas, it is the strip itself.