IGNORED

BMW Tank Bag Advice

Stephen_Chase

Stephen_Chase

I have a BMW tank bag that I need to mount to my R1100RT. I bought it on eBay & it came with all hardware but no instructions.

Can anyone tell me where the brackets to which the front bag hooks are mounted to the bike. I have the tupperware off & it looks the mounting point may be the two screws on either side of the upper front surface of the tank. I am reluctant to remove them, however, for fear of damaging the tank (if they are not the mounting point).

Thanks,

Stephen

I have a BMW tank bag that I need to mount to my R1100RT. I bought it on eBay & it came with all hardware but no instructions.

Can anyone tell me where the brackets to which the front bag hooks are mounted to the bike. I have the tupperware off & it looks the mounting point may be the two screws on either side of the upper front surface of the tank. I am reluctant to remove them, however, for fear of damaging the tank (if they are not the mounting point).

Thanks,

Stephen

The hooks are mounted to the front of the tank. Attached is a picture of the left-hand fitting on my '04 RT. It is dark here now so the picture could be better!

PICT31.jpg

Andy thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the pic. I just got one off of ebay also. Could you post a pic of the rear mount? These bags are cheap cause no mounts are included. As usual, the cheapest thing on my bike is me.

Thanks, Ed

Archived