IGNORED

Options for painting 49 liter top case

Bodhi65

Just purchased 2016 rt in metallic bronze. Any suggestions on how or where to get 49 liter top case painted metallic bronze to match the bike?

Just purchased 2016 rt in metallic bronze. Any suggestions on how or where to get 49 liter top case painted metallic bronze to match the bike?

Afternoon Bodhi65

Ask your selling dealer who does their warranty paint repair & damaged bike paint repair. In most cases the BMW dealer uses a very reputable person or shop to do the paint repairs.

If the person or shop does a lot of BMW repair work they should be VERY GOOD at matching the factory paint & matching metallic reflection.

Edited by dirtrider

I bought mine to the dealer like suggested above. Didnt have to take anything apart and just took if off the bike and handed it to him. I went back a week later and paint was matched perfectly. Cost me $250 bucks. Yes maybe if I took it apart and just bought the shell to a good body shop I might have saved $50-$100 bucks but I just felt more comfortable giving it to my dealer.

Find out what the paint code for your color is, and you should be able to get any reputable auto painting outfit to paint the top-box for you. It cost me just a mere $100 at a shop in town, and the paint match was perfect. This was done back in 2014:

67890d1414172812-welcome-show-your-scoots-dsc_1620.jpg

Called Max in Ct, quoted me price of $280. I told them to do it. Metallic Bronze color with clear coats. Seems like one of the cheapest farkles I bought for the 2016 RT. being delivered next week.

Any Automotive body shop can paint these lids. The lids are easily removed, can be done while at the body shop. You can ride the bike without the lid, there is a plastic dome/frame under it. A decent body shop can use the paint match camera on the bike you rode in on and get the paint so close you will be quite happy. I paid $60. Should be able to get it done for $120 or less anywhere. BMW dealers are NOT going to paint these, they will be sent out to....body shops anyway.

Called Max in Ct, quoted me price of $280. I told them to do it. Metallic Bronze color with clear coats. Seems like one of the cheapest farkles I bought for the 2016 RT. being delivered next week.

Morning Bodhi65

That is probably a good move. That metallic bronze is a very difficult paint

to match to your bike. Color match is easy but getting the metallic reflection

to match your existing bike is not.

At least sending it through a BMW dealer should get you a good match & if you

aren't happy they will take care of it.

I know the guy that does the painting for my local BMW dealer is a master at

matching BMW factory paint as he does a lot of BMW work so has all the BMW paint

codes & specific tints.