IGNORED

Fuel module

SoCalBmr

Howdy,

I'm the FNG from SoCal. Been riding a long time and recently picked up a 2000 R1100RT. It runs great. In addition to the BMW, I have a Honda Nighthawk 750. I used to ride a Yamaha FJR1300, a Kawi Nomad 1500, an H-D Sportster 1200, an H-D Sportster 883, and some others before that. Anyone else in SoCal? I love to ride with fellow riders. I'm sort of considering adding a AF-XieD module to get the best out of the Bmrr. Is it worth it? I don't detect any surge, but it did my Kawi a world of good with better throttle response and made it quit pinging, too.

Welcome to BMWST.

How far south in SoCal?

If you mean close to San Diego, do check out the SD Owners Club. If you mean LA, never mind.

I cant say too much about the AF-Xied module, other than it is recommended for the single sparkplug 1150s that surge.

Hey, SoCalBmr,

Welcome to the fray!!

I'm in N Georgia, can't help you with the riding, but I can testify on the Af-XiED. Put one on my 99 R1100S two months ago (along with a pair of matched injectors from Injector-Rehab) and it is a completely different motor. MUCH better.

I ordered a second AF-XiED for a 99 RT earlier this evening and I haven't even picked up the RT yet, probably can't for another 10 days. NightRider is VERY responsive to questions, very helpful. Save a few $ by ordering from Beemer Boneyard, their only distrib. Read what they say about them, too. Beemer Boneyard

Lowndes

'99 R1100RT with 54k miles or there abouts.

No surging, no pinging, so I leave it completely stock.

BMW plugs, air filter, premium fuel, BMW fuel system cleaner in the gas every few months.

I don't bother to check the gas mileage but my buddy Tom does on his twice annual trips to visit his mom in San Diego. He borrows my RT rather than use his R90S with over 300k miles on it and he records about 54mpg but he rides like a granny.

Let it rev. Every once in a while use the rev limiter as a shift indicator .

Don't baby it. Try to up shift above 3-3500 rpm, downshifting will often be a grind.

Learn the correct way to check the oil, the new, improved air pressures, and how to check your clutch free play.

And ride it.

Edited by Tri750
roger 04 rt
Howdy,

I'm the FNG from SoCal. Been riding a long time and recently picked up a 2000 R1100RT. It runs great. In addition to the BMW, I have a Honda Nighthawk 750. I used to ride a Yamaha FJR1300, a Kawi Nomad 1500, an H-D Sportster 1200, an H-D Sportster 883, and some others before that. Anyone else in SoCal? I love to ride with fellow riders. I'm sort of considering adding a AF-XieD module to get the best out of the Bmrr. Is it worth it? I don't detect any surge, but it did my Kawi a world of good with better throttle response and made it quit pinging, too.

I did the initial research that led to the AF-XIED for BMW. Get and keep the bike in good tune and add the XIED. Even if you can't detect your bike's surging, you'll appreciate the stronger roll-on torque. I've run a similar device for about 5 years. Most who install either an AF-XIED or Innovate LC-2 are quite pleased. If you ride for a few months before installing one, you'll really appreciate the difference.

Edited by roger 04 rt