IGNORED

my lights

mig

so this weekend I installed a Can Bus friendly HID light kit and then since the plastic was coming off I went ahead and made some aluminum brackets for my old Aux Piaa 1100 lights. After a few cardboard templates i finally settled on one and cut and filed out the shapes

IMG_1039_zpsfjnzrkdp.jpg

IMG_1036_zps3ggvv3ps.jpg

drilling actually was easy and accessible

IMG_1048_zps0aeblydc.jpg

IMG_1046_zpswcn0ezrx.jpg

here is the final results

IMG_1054_zpsqe91mhsb.jpg

IMG_1053_zpssjulyp6h.jpg

finally here is where i put the ballast for the HID light, little tough to push things thru but otherwise easy enough

IMG_1049_zpsprn6xzsl.jpg

Edited by mig

Nice! That's the cleanest light installation I've seen so far. If you started producing them for others, I'd bet you could sell a bunch.

Nice!

I have yet to open my bike up - that will happen when the guards come in... I'll be looking at mounting points for lights while I'm in there.

That looks great and does not seem to get in the way of air flow to radiators. Very clean and professional installation. I like your location better than mounting to the fork leg fender location as well.

I will be soon be doing this project on my bike. If you have no plans to commercialize these brackets, do you have a template to lay out on the sheet metal?

In any case thanks for sharing

Paul De I actually scanned the plate after filing the shape. I can send you the scan when I get home, send me your email.

Andy S I filed that to match the contour of the plastic. I wanted it to look as neat and stock as possible and also as pointed out I didn't want to interfere with the air flow to the radiators. Anyone else want the scan, just ask. I used Chicago screws press fitted into the brackets to have the screw pull everything together. I have some Teflon tap applied on the back bottom to reduce vibration wear on the radiator plastic piece.

Emails coming

just another two shots

IMG_1043_zps6qwsnhbc.jpg

and a closer one

IMG_1041_zpsf4rdfpva.jpg

I actually got lucky with the hole placement and the ability to drill pretty much straight thru.

originally i was going for one hole to drill but it was not as secure so the second hole was made, again i pressed in a chicago screw and painted.

Looking at the fit of that bracket, I am sure you could use 3M Adhesion Promoter and good 3M double sided tape to secure the bracket permanently. No drill installation, still removable.