IGNORED

Traction & Wear on PR4GT v Pirelli Angel GT

NoelCP

Anyone have experience w/ both these two? I've always felt a little uneasy w/ the PR4GT's from a little sliding here and there, the most recent was at ultra low speed u-turn when the rear wheel slid a little. I'm not looking for the most traction, just a little better combined w/ good wear. I get about 11,500m out of PR4GT. Open to other brands that might beat PR4GT for traction, and have wear somewhat similar.

Cheers

NoelCP - 2015 RT - started on the PR4's as OEM and never felt fully comfortable with them - front end and rear end always seemed out of snych, hard for me to set up turns w/o multiple corrections - have the Angel GT's on now and find them to be much better in terms of tracking, setting up turns and overall feel. Had a nail in the rear of the PR4's and replaced them at 7500 miles and only a couple thousand on the Pirellis - had the Roadtec 01's between the PR4's and Angels and also got a nail @ 7500 and put the Pirelli's on - while the Metzlers felt better than the Michelins, the Angels have been the best for me - YMMV

I had one Pirelli (front) and changed out around 12,500 miles at a convenient point on a road trip. I could have got another 1 or 2k I think. Other than that, I've gone with all PR's 2,3 & 4's. To me the GT's are fairly comparable, wearing just a bit more quickly than the PR's.

Edited by Gene#3