IGNORED

Russell All Day Seat

Rob L

I just have to share the great experience I have had with this company. I had my 3rd seat made by them last January to fit my 2014RT. I purchased a seat for my 1998RT and my 2006RT previously and my wife has become spoiled by them :grin: I used this seat all summer accumulating about 11,000 miles on it and just felt that the seat was a little too tall. I was uncomfortable at stops. I recently called them and sent the seat in to be shortened a bit. I expected a call with a fee for the alteration. Surprise! The seat just arrived, apparently without any cost to me. I will not be able to test it for a while. The streets are skating rinks right now. I am impressed with RDL's customer service. Merry Christmas to me (and you) :thumbsup:

It's always great to spread the news about companies that treat their customers well. I just installed my Day-Long seat a few weeks ago, as the snow was starting to fly in this part of the world, and I'm looking forward to giving it a good workout as the snow and ice thaws.

IMG_0281-M.jpg

I live in NW Indiana and feel your pain! This actually the 4th RDL seat that I have owned. The first was already on my 1983 R80RT when I bought it. I had an RDL made for my 1998RT and transferred it to my 2004RT when I traded in the 1998. I purchased my 2006RT in 2008 and had another RDL made for it. I was happy with the factory seat on my wethead until my wife took an extended ride with me. She was spoiled by the previous seats ;) Now all I need a stretch of warm weather to see how the modified seat works.

DSCF1087.jpg

Mike!

Have just sent my seat in to Russell and it is scheduled to be worked on by Russell on the 10 Jan! My question is in your pic -what color and what material is the top of your seats? I am assuming the sides are black vinyl? Really like the two tone seats over all black!

Mike!

Have just sent my seat in to Russell and it is scheduled to be worked on by Russell on the 10 Jan! My question is in your pic -what color and what material is the top of your seats? I am assuming the sides are black vinyl? Really like the two tone seats over all black!

The sides are black vinyl. The top is medium gray leather.

mine is black vinyl basket weave. You need to call to get this option, but there is no extra cost.

Thank You Rob! Was going to message you tonight and ask you about that but you read my mind!

Mike!

Thank You Mike! Looks very nice and now I have to decide between your option or Rob L's! Decisions! Decisions!

Mike!

Thank You Mike! Looks very nice and now I have to decide between your option or Rob L's! Decisions! Decisions!

I've had the basket weave on a Corbin and I liked it. I think it gives you a little cooler seating surface due to the pattern. And, it's more water resistant than leather. OTOH, leather seems a bit more compliant and, in my experience, is a bit more comfortable. It requires occasional treatment to maintain its appearance, but that hasn't been a big factor for me with other saddles. You definitely don't want to leave it exposed to rain for extended periods without some protection.

Really, just personal preference. Both materials have their advantages.