IGNORED

manuals accompanying new bikes

Rick Ward

I have just purchased a 2000 R1100RT with no riders manual. I ordered one from a dealer and frankly it had no information regarding maintenance. Is there another manual I should have ordered? Any recommendations, as this is my first street bike and I am also new to this forum. Thanks.

I have just purchased a 2000 R1100RT with no riders manual. I ordered one from a dealer and frankly it had no information regarding maintenance. Is there another manual I should have ordered? Any recommendations, as this is my first street bike and I am also new to this forum. Thanks.

Go to the IBMWR.org web site and then the Oilhead technical articles. Right at the top is the R11XX Tune Up Manual. It's a great resource.

Lots of very helpful and knowledgeable folks on this forum. If you can turn a wrench, you can maintain the R1100RT.

Also, bookmark one of the BMW parts catalogs. You can find them on many dealer web sites or at realoem. Use this to identify part numbers and parts diagrams. The diagrams may sometimes show parts that don't go with your model or year bike, but if you use your bike's VIN when using the catalog, the parts listing for the diagram should list only the parts for your bike.

Ask questions and learn.

Thank you this is helpful. I have just purchased some Spiegler brake lines and I am sure I will be in need of several other items and information.