IGNORED

Went and did it....

Chal De Cecco

Chal De Cecco

Took the plunge and had my dealer install the Ride Pro Dynamic mapping option on my R1200RS. It was all about electronics. I did learn that some of the later 2016 models came equipped from the factory with this option, not so the earlier 2016 bikes.

The new option sharpened up the engine response on the big twin and works in tandem in limiting some of the traction control effects. Think of it as going back to old school power before computers. It's fine for straight line speed and big open turn pavement work but I'm glad I also have the more civilized Rain and Road modes for normal or wet touring.

As an added bonus, it can also be configured using the customized User Mode where one can mix and match power delivery and traction options to one's preference. Not a bad investment for the $517.00 spent at the dealer. Took about 2 hours that included a technician's test ride....

Dec. 2015 production date on my RS and it came with that. Just got a notice that ABS PRO is now available for retrofit.

Frank

I wonder if the ABS Pro can be retro-fitted to the RT?

I wonder if the ABS Pro can be retro-fitted to the RT?

I think it can. The notice I received in the mail was specific to the R and RS. Checking a while back the RT, GS and GSA were already on the list. If the proper angle sensors are not installed, they will have to be added.

Frank

Edited by duckbubbles