IGNORED

Adjust position of brake lever

honda42

First can I say hello to everyone, I have followed this site for a while but until now have not been able to register..........don't know why but have kept trying and here I am.

I have a RT 1150........which is great, big change fro blackbird and superhawk.

Now I find the brake lever (rear) too low for me and would like to raise it up........sounds simple but I have a habit of making things worse. Is it a simple case of turning adjuster rod, or is it more involved ?

Paul

Is it a simple case of turning adjuster rod, or is it more involved ?

It involves two things, the adjuster rod you mentioned and the stop bolt that presses in the brake light switch and sets the upper position of the pedal. They must be adjusted equally to keep from accidentally turning on the brake servo slightly and causing brake drag.

What ken said, The number of turns required between each is different due to the different lever arm lenghts.

The easy way i have found is to disconnect the linkage from the peddle by unclipping the pin and removing pin with clip. Adjust the brake peddle to disired height with stop bolt/lock nut. Then adjust lenght of linkage (loose lock nut and turn linkage fork) so the pin slides right in with no play. tighten lock nut and insert pin with clip.

Now I find the brake lever (rear) too low for me and would like to raise it up...

The adjustment is easy, as described above. OTOH, since you have an 1150RT, you might just forget the rear brake entirely. thumbsup.gif

I actually like my rear brake, but had right ankle badly broken, tibia and fibula too, foot rotated 180 degrees.

So dont press real hard on pedal so none of the issues about it putting on the front too hard are a real problem for me. But like to be able to stamp on it if I want too. thumbsup.gif

Archived