IGNORED

Aftermarket TPM 2011 RT

James L.

Ok, in a different thread someone was talking about aftermarket TPM systems.

I would like to know if there is one that can be fitted to a 2011 RT?

The front wheel has a strange valve stem that horizontally comes out of a spoke. I can't see a way to put in a sensor with that rim.

James L

Many of the aftermarket units thread on the stem in place of the cap. I replaced the rubber stem in the rear with a right angle aluminum hard stem to support the cap. I used it for a couple of years, then the receiver quit working properly so I have not had one since. I did like having it and would have replaced it, but I keep convincing myself that I am going to buy a new RT with TPM, still haven't pulled the trigger yet!

My suggestion would be find a unit that replaces the existing rubber valve stem or one that installs on the inside of the rim similar to OEM.

Morning 6speedTi

That's the problem there is no rubber valve stem on the front wheel. It doesn't even use a conventional valve stem but instead uses a stem that actually threads directly into the wheel spoke.

My suggestion would be find a unit that replaces the existing rubber valve stem or one that installs on the inside of the rim similar to OEM.

Like the guys have stated, the fron rim has a strange valve stem, like this one.

test_zpsqe6bc536.jpg

James L.

Morning 6speedTi

That's the problem there is no rubber valve stem on the front wheel. It doesn't even use a conventional valve stem but instead uses a stem that actually threads directly into the wheel spoke.

Yea, I assumed since the rear wheel of a non oem TPM's has a rubber valve stem. I thought the front did as well. My RT has TPM'S from factory.
James L -

Looks like a cracked spoke above that valve...

That is an image pulled from the internet. I didn't have the ambition to go take a real photo of my front rim. :-)

James L

Don_Eilenberger

Mobiltron. Available in the US. Internal sensors. Reads even before moving. Gives temp/pressure in real time. About $130. Nice system. Put one on my first R1200R - and another one on my 2nd R1200R. The sensors on my first one are still going with around 60,000 miles on the system.

If you're interested - ping me - and I'll pass along the contact info for the US importer.