IGNORED

Fuel door not locking closed

Stbell

I have a 2015 RT. This morning I went out for a ride. After fueling up, I could not get the fuel door to close all the way and lock shut. The key was next to the bike and I could get the bike to start but still cannot get the fuel door to lock shut. I had 2 other friends try and close the fuel door to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a suggestion, short of a hammer to the fuel door, to get this door to lock shut? There does not appear to be anything obstructing the door. It just won't close all of the way. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Steve B.

Afternoon Steve

Have you tried lifting (holding up) the little latching lever as you close it? Sometimes that helps.

My friends fuel door (keyless) was getting difficult to close so I lubed it with a touch of white grease (seems to close much easier now)

D.R. Thanks for the response. Yes, I tried holding the latch several times. I will try some grease to see if that works. But, I was pushing down fairly hard. Maybe the grease thing will work out. I will let you know

Thanks

Steve

I had to squirt a little compressed air on mine then a spray of silicon lube it it is back to opening and closing smoothly for the last 8 months.

Give the lube a try and good luck..