IGNORED

Removing Front Fender on Camhead

freetime2247

Ok guys crazy question time! How do I remove the front fender on my 2012 RT? I need to change the front tire but I can't get the fender off. I've removed the screws on both sides but don't see any other attachment points and I don't want to pull to hard.

Anything else I should know about removing both front and rear tires for change out?

Help!

Morning freetime2247

If you have all the screws out then you will probably need to pull the sides out just a little to allow the fender to slide off.

To remove the entire front fender you will need to first remove the front wheel to get at the bolts that hold it on from the bottom. A friend has a R1200RT and when we changed his front tire we just removed the front section of the fender item one on the drawing below. See the link below.

https://www.ascycles.com/2/MicroList?id=52026&catID=46&catname=46%20Frame%20and%20mounting%20parts

To remove the front wheel you will need to remove the brake calipers as well.

To remove the back wheel you will need to loosen the muffler and rotate it out of the way to let the wheel out. You will not need to remove the brake caliper for the back wheel.

Hope this helps

Roger L

Edited by Rogerl