IGNORED

shocks

smokerider

Hi, I am a newbie here- riding bmws for 10 years or so, and have just found this site. I have been thinking of upgrading the shocks on my R1150RS and wondered is this a pretty easy shade tree project. I feel pretty comfortable around tools. I appreciate your thoughts, dave

Using the search option, you can find past topics listed here that deal with changin out your shocks. You have various options that have been discussed numerous times.

Most agree that the stock shocks are acceptable but they do wear out and the aftermarket units are expensive but provide a better ride.

Ride Safe thumbsup.gif

Hello and welcome. Another Ohio rider I see. I just put new shocks on my 99RT (51k miles), and am very happy with the result. Replacing the shock is very easy on the rear. The front shock requires moving the fuel tank back just a bit to get access to the top nut on the shock. Be sure to support the bike properly and strap the center stand so it cannot collapse. There's a spring tune up clinic coming up in Cleveland, you might want to check that out and see some wrenching up close. www.bmwmoc.org

Archived