IGNORED

Just installed an Aeroflow on my 1200GS

mistercindy

mistercindy

I installed an Aeroflow on my 1200GS yesterday and have put about 150 miles on it in heavy gusting winds. The verdict: it transforms the bike. This is now the best bike I've ridden. I was on the verge of trading it in on a 12RT, but the light weight and fun factor of the 12GS stopped me. That, and I'm just not old enough for a 12RT!

I've always loved the power and flickability of the 12GS, but the stock screen just beat the crap out of me with dirty air, and with heavy gusts the bike almost felt unsafe. I installed a Laminar Lip which helped quite a bit, but the Lip started to develop a stress fracture, so I wanted to replace it before it snapped on my at 80 mph. Part of the problem is that, at 6'0" and a 30" inseam I sit tall in the saddle.

Installation takes some time. It took me three hours, but I took my time. I've never seen an aftermarket item with such perfect, easy to follow instructions. They are simply great. Don't need any wildass tools. Just be careful and follow the directions to the letter and you're good to go.

Quality is tremendous. The metal parts are beautifully machined, and the screen and lower body is quality as well.

The ride is great. Some ride thoughts (keeping mind I was riding in 30 mph gusts on the highway):

- I still get a decent amount of clean air around my body which I like, but my upper arms and torso no longer get the crap beaten out of them.

- With less buffetting on the arms and torso, my hands no longer buffet the bars so the ride is far smoother in heavy and gusty cross winds. Much better!

- The noise is greatly reduced. Even with earplugs the Laminar Lipped screen was loud, and the stocker before the Lip was a pulsating annoyance. With the Aeroflow I noticed that I could actually hear the engine.

- I got the tall size and my eyes are a couple of inches above the screen so I'm not looking through glass. It took a few miles to get used to, but after that I don't even notice it.

IMHO its well worth the high price tag.

Archived