IGNORED

Honored

Whip

The plan started to form in my head from the minute Nando called me and said he wanted to the Un in Red Lodge. As I did the research I kept picturing bikes parked all over the grounds with people laughing and smiling everywhere. As the sun went down I wanted to have a room or area just for a hundred (172) of my closest friends where we could tell stories and laugh at each other.

That was the plan......BUT I could barely remember the resort from the time Mrs Whip and I rode past it many years ago, I needed to do a scouting trip. So we packed up the Road Glide and headed north to Red Lodge from Salida. We stayed in the Stone Cabin, ate at the Old Piney Dell and checked out the town.

All was in order but we needed to make sure I was not being overly optimistic so a few weeks later I convinced Killer, Lawnchairboy (and family), and Eddd (Mr and Mrs Heck also joined us) to check it out with us to make sure there weren't any questions I did not have answers for.

After a tour of the property and the surrounding area it was decided that it would work.

The negotiating went easy and things were in order.

I made Killer be the treasurer and set up the money gathering site. He did a fine job as always.

I called Eddd and Lawnchairboy many times to discuss issues as they came up.

The Salida event came about as an after thought. It just seemed to be a good place to meet for anyone coming from the south, east or west.

I made many personal invitations to members who had not been on the board in many years like Stir and One. I reached out to many people who had stayed at our homes over the years like Kirsten,(I wanted to meet Jenn) and hANNAbONE.

I started working on Francois and Boffin a year in advance.

Leslie and Jamie contacted me and wanted to make a surprise appearance.

Slumgullion contacted me and wanted to do the Stickers.

Raaaan volunteered to do the name badges.

Nando said he would do the dishes and keep the sidewalk swept in Salida.

Mrs Whip did everything for everyone all the time.

I really enjoyed being the host for the 2016 UN Rally.

Thank You ALL for being part of this event.

Well, Whip, you did good! I mean good enough that I just knew I wanted to attend the Un, my first, instead of the BMW MOA rally where I could have hawked my business. But, there are things that are simply more important than business or work. I cannot say this was the best Unrally ever, I have not attended others. But you have set the bar very high to match how well this was organized. Gonna be hard to follow.

It was very refreshing to attend a rally where there was not a single advertising banner, scheduled speaker, organized ( insert term here ) high level event. Just a get together for folks with a common interest. Better than any family reunion, these are the kinds of people that I WANT to meet again and again! I may not be able to attend every Unrally, but I will be back whenever and wherever I can. Thank you, and the others you mentioned above, for the work and the money you spent on making this event a complete success.

It is WE, the members. who have been honored by all your hard work and by an event we'll all remember. And while people like to compare, each Un we've ever had has been the best one ever. . . . until the next one. Therefore, it will not be up to future Uns to measure up or to try and exceed this one, but to take away from what you showed is possible, in order to make theirs the best they can be. For that, we're all in your debt.

Thank you, Louise, for letting Larry come out and play.

^^What he said.

We had an incredible time, as did all the folks who made it.

Thanks Larry and Louise for coming to play in our new back yard.

We love it here- now y'all know why.

John Ranalletta

Honored to be invited and attend.

Thank you, Whip, Louise and everyone who contributed and attended. We had a blast.

...... i made many personal invitations to members who had not been on the board in many years like Stir and One.....

Thank you both again my friend, but please, never ask me to make public your ways to twist my hand :rofl:

God bless you folks.....

It is WE, the members. who have been honored by all your hard work and by an event we'll all remember. And while people like to compare, each Un we've ever had has been the best one ever. . . . until the next one. Therefore, it will not be up to future Uns to measure up or to try and exceed this one, but to take away from what you showed is possible, in order to make theirs the best they can be. For that, we're all in your debt.

Thank you, Louise, for letting Larry come out and play.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

...... i made many personal invitations to members who had not been on the board in many years like Stir and One.....

Thank you both again my friend, but please, never ask me to make public your ways to twist my hand :rofl:

God bless you folks.....

We need to know how Whip did this so we can start working on you to coordinate an UnRally in Mexico! :thumbsup:

Excellent in every way, from wall to wall. Thanks for nudging me, and looking out for me. I had a great time. Beyond that, thanks to you and the Divine Ms. L for taking on the task and making this a great experience for the entire community. The ovations at the group dinner were well-preserved.

Many thanks to everyone else who had a hand in this event. A job well done by all.

:thumbsup:

What everyone said ..... and then some! A marvelous event!

Even my ride there and back were great! (Even when I came across the road sign approaching Dubois, WY that read "Forest Fire ahead. Just keep moving." :eek: )

This was my first time I have been able to attend a west coast UN and it was fantastic! L & L were awesome hosts for the Friday night pre-UN. It was so great to see everyone so loose and relaxed.

The UN venue was spectacular, great find.

Thanks for the great job, it was really appreciated!

Alan

Francois_Dumas

You did great my friend. And in our special case, especially Louise, our dedicated driver, nurse and tour guide !!!!

Since I didn't get to the actual riding, Nina and I will NEED to attend another one at some point.... somewhere.... I promise not to leave a trail of damage on the next one.

Also many thanks to all others involved in bringing this event about.

The most important thing that it did for us: add new friends to our list and reinforce existing ones !

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Archived