IGNORED

putting a radio in a 1150rt

tonyla

I have a 1150rt that did not come with a radio. I listen to xm now with earplugs. I would like to install a radio , then use the myfi fm transmitter and use the bikes speakers. is this doable? I just don't care for earplugs.

Tony

russell_bynum

Don't bother.

Unless you just want to use your bike as a boom-box while you're screwing around in the garage, the speakers are junk. because you can't hear them at freeway speed, even without earplugs.

how about aftermarket speakers?

tony

Don't bother...

Get yourself some good ear bud speakers. A simple search will show many alternatives.

Regards,

Mike O

P.S. If you decide to go the ear speaker route, pull each of those stock RT speakers out of the fairing. Each one of those is good for +10hp thumbsup.gif

I just don't care for earplugs.

Even helmet speakers would be an improvement over the in-dash set up.

The R1150RT factory radio speakers used a complicated resonating 2-way speaker enclosure that does not lend itself well to aftermarket speakers. Even with all that the sound is poor.

But if you insist, watch on ebay or the classified section here. They appear from time-to-time from people taking them out.

But if you insist, watch on ebay or the classified section here. They appear from time-to-time from people taking them out.

Sell them? I threw mine away after I intstalled some aftermarket Pioneer speakers. End result? Keep the earspeakers.

Archived