IGNORED

Motorcycle lift for R1150RT

Wkincaid

I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle lift for the RT. I've looked at a Larin and one from Harbour Freight, but neither will fit the underside of the RT. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Thanks, all.

Bill

I have a Pit Bull lift (excellent demo video: http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/Products.htm )

that I have hoisted a variety of motorcycles on and am quite pleased with it's performance, its stability and the ease of moving it with a bike fully lifted. Also, the lower plastics have to be removed first, and on some bikes like my old ST1100 and my KLR650 you have to use a 2X4 to compensate for frame or obstruction offset.

I just bought a Wunderlich dolly frofm Santa Cruz BMW. It works great, I can slide and maneuver anywhere I want. You roll it under the center of the bike and set the center-stand on it.

Hi Bill,

Not sure what you're looking to spend, but I have a liftrack which you can see here. I like it as you can drive on flat footed and it's easy to move around and store. I have pics of my bike on it at my website listed below in my signature. The pics are under the accessory wiring section and the DIY section shows it performing a wheel service.

If you're looking in the $100-200 range, this will probably not be what you want though. Good luck with your search.

BTW, have noticed there are a lot of hams in the forum here! My call isn't in my signature, but it's N1AO.

Bill if you are looking for a lift table, the one from Harbor Freight is a good product and very user friendly. I have been very pleased with mine. If you are looking for a floor jack the Craftsman jack I have is very adaptable to most bikes. The lift table is approximately $299. and the jack is about $90. Both are very handy around the shop for cleaning and maintenance.

Archived