IGNORED

Remus Hexacone Titanium slip-on exhaust for R1200RT-LC review

moshe_levy

Moto Mouth #10 is up - this time focusing on the Remus Hexacone Titanium slip-on exhaust for the liquid-cooled BMW R1200RT-LC. How do you like the appearance and sound? Let me know!

-MKL

Moto Mouth #10 is up - this time focusing on the Remus Hexacone Titanium slip-on exhaust for the liquid-cooled BMW R1200RT-LC. How do you like the appearance and sound? Let me know!

-MKL

I have always liked the Remus exhaust. I had one on my K1600GLT and it was wonderful. But the cost of just the slip-on muffler is getting to be too much. Great review and keep them coming.

Thank you Bill. I hope to have you as a subscriber.

-MKL

I had subscribed some time ago.

As I said, Great reviews just keep them coming.

Nice review, Moshe. It pretty much answers the question for me. While I'd enjoy a bit more attitude from the RT's exhaust note, I am pretty sure that I wouldn't get $1,000 of enjoyment out of it. Since the weight savings and power bump are minimal, as considered in relationship to the RT's heft, it seems that the Remus's benefits are mostly aesthetic.

Quite some time ago, I recall a journalist referring to the exhaust sound of a BMW boxer as being akin to a "nun farting politely." I've learned to live with it.

Great review. Would love to hear it compared directly in the video to the stock exhaust. I know I can just fire up my own 16 RT but I'm sure hearing it in person is quite different than comparing it to a recording. I'd also love to hear these compared to the Akropovic ... have to try searching youtube I guess.

I may be able to get my hands on an Akro soon. Will let you all know. I thought about taking a stock exhaust vid - after I had already installed the Remus! Sometimes the good ideas come too late!

-MKL

Archived