IGNORED

SHAD Top Case Mounting Help

Brad_H

I bought a SHAD SH48 top case with the adapter for the 2016 R1200RTw. The metal adapter went on as you would expect, although the instructions were marginal! Now I'm looking at the plastic mounting base-plate that the case latches onto and trying to figure out how that connects to the steel adapter. My first problem (besides virtually no instructions) is that the plastic base-plate doesn't sit flush on the adapter? Looking for one of you good folks that have gone through this for some advise...

Thanks,

Brad

Now that my garage has cooled down below 95 deg, I was able to spend more time and ponder this; I found 4 acceptable mounting holes shared between the two plates. The only caveat is that the case sits back a little more than I thought it would, but looking at YouTube and pics on the SHAD site, it is about the same as those mountings. I think I was predisposed to needing to drill holes as a review on the SHAD site for an R12RTW indicated the reviewer could only find 2 holes and had to drill 2 more. Whatever.

peace,

Brad

I've got an SH50 on my 16 RT and I also could only find one position where four holes would line up. It does indeed put the case a little further back than you'd think it should be but I can confirm that my pillion riders feel it's in a good position as far as their back support is concerned and doesn't force them to lean forward.

Thanks for your valuable experience; It's reassuring to know. I like the case and the mount and the slight rearward position is going to be just fine.

Regards,

Brad

Archived