IGNORED

Battery replacement (under warrenty)

Bob H.

Just had my 14RT in for the 48,000 miles service and they replaced the battery ,I was told it was a warranty replacement from BMW, new battery part # 61 21 8 531 121 AGM .I don't know if this is the same part # as the one they took out or not . Just thought I'd let you all know.

Some of the liquid cooled bikes have had battery issues and warranty replacements.

I had mine checked recently when in for software update,but my 14 GSA was not in the recall group.

JR356

My battery was replaced as well just at 2 years under warranty, the service writer said the part number had changed from the original battery. Real OEM part # 61218531121 matching yours

Jay

interesting...for those of you who had them replaced, were you having issues or signs of weakness? Mine was the #8 RT in the country and no signs of battery issues. Was it a recall?

I'm not aware of a recall. I had a start issue after two short stops. This only happen once but I always have it on a tender when parked at home in the shop. I was taking the bike in for a recall, sorry I can't remember which one and told them about my start issue, they did a BMW load test and replaced.

Jay

I recently had Battery replaced under warranty as well. 2015 RT-P, 22,000 miles. Almost exactly one yer of service. Always on Tender when parked, BMW brand wall charger tender. Had three low voltage, no start conditions in a 3 day period. Took her in, they ran test, replaced it. I did not pay attention to the model numbers.

Archived