IGNORED

ADMORE SMT LIGHT BAR WITH SMART BRAKE

Smilly

I am looking at adding an ADMORE SMT LIGHT BAR WITH SMART BRAKE as a complement for the rear brake light on the 1200 RS (2016) as well as on the 1200RT (2014). Does any one ever heard about this light bar and also ever installed something similar. If so would you have some instruction on how to proceed. Thanks

I've never heard of that one. I have a Clearwater Billie Jr. programmable brake/tail light installed under the licence plate on my '15 GSA. However, it is not stand-alone, and must work in conjunction with the Clearwater CANopener module, which effectively makes it "plug 'n play".

I am running the Skene P3 front and rear. I have the two rear lights mounted in the space for the factory top box brake light. I like that the P3's are running lights as well as brake lights. Their proprietary "flicker" has to be seen to be appreciated. Nothing like a flashing light, hard to describe. The brake light can be programmed to flash in different modes, or not.

I have it on my 2013 GSW and like it a lot (brake and progressive turn signal).

I will try and take a little video later to show it in action.

Hardwired and needs it's own power supply but they include the connections. I installed it when I was adding a Fuseblock for extra lights up front and a better horn

Mike Cassidy

I've never heard of that one. I have a Clearwater Billie Jr. programmable brake/tail light installed under the licence plate on my '15 GSA. However, it is not stand-alone, and must work in conjunction with the Clearwater CANopener module, which effectively makes it "plug 'n play".

I also have the Photon blaster on the front from Skene and it DOES get people's attention.

GT

I went with Skene Design as well. Photon Blaster in front and P3 in back. I splurged and bought the factory LED light for my top case and wired it in with the P3 module. As Terry mentioned, it allows the top case light to be a running light as well as brake light. I had another rider ask me about it on one ride because he was impressed by it. I have the P3 module set to flash 4 times whenever I brake. Stock, the top case LED is only a brake light.

Sorry, I only have the basic SMT Light Bar. The new one with Smart Brake technology looks interesting.

I added a review of the basic SMT Light Bar in the Product Reviews section, including a video of it in action. There are a few YouTube videos of the AdMore products including mine and the Smart Brake SMT on a 2014 RT.

Mike Cassidy

I have the same light bar on the back of the V Strom. I like the signal lights built in and how the brake lights work. What I don't like about that type of light is the mounting choices. They work well down lower on the bike but just not easy to mount up high. That is what I like about the top case mounted lights, just like on a car you can see them much better from behind. That is my only knock on the light bars. The Skene stuff can be surface mounted and is smaller. But quite effective.

This is a brand new product - it's only a few weeks old. Do not confuse it with the first generation design, or with other products.

I'm up at the MOA Rally in Hamburg, NY right now, and have secured one for testing. I will report results soon. The display is astonishing, from what I saw. Stay tuned!!

-MKL

Update: It's been installed on my friend Matt's 2013 R1200R. Very nice design, and quite bright once the brakes are applied, with a small white strobe in the center LED stack. Fully programmable, too, with a temp-sealed USB port out back so you can customize the appearance and performance. I'll be writing these up for MCN soon followed by a video on Youtube.

-MKL

Nice to hear that someone had it install on his Bike. Do you or your friend has pictures and instructions on how to connect it on the bike electrical system. I have not ordered it yet because I am a little bit apprehensive to order it and to installing it on my RT and on my wife's brand new RS. She would not be a happy camper if I start installing it and happen to run into problem during the installation.

Smilly-

I haven't taken pix yet. The product was installed by Twisted Throttle at the MOA rally in Hamburg, NY this past weekend, with the Admore staff on the scene. I'll look into the installation, but I don't think it was particularly difficult at all.

At the moment, I am fabricating a bracket to place behind the Admore, as on my buddy's R1200R it sits directly behind the tire, with no protection whatsoever. This is due to that particular bike already having a Signal Dynamics LED license frame, preventing installation over the top of the plate as usual - so we went down below. My bracket will act as a "shield" between the Admore and the tire, to protect it from everything the tire kicks up. It will be a flat plate of aluminum about 9" wide x 2" high. This is NOT necessary normally, but in this specific case I would feel better knowing the product is protected, especially if we venture onto some light gravel as we sometimes do when riding in rural areas.

I will keep you guys informed of progress. I can tell you, so far, that the light is extremely bright when actuated, especially the white center strobe. It's also nice that turn signals are integrated as well. In running light mode, it appears somewhat dim, but I think this can be adjusted, plus it's the "smoked" model so some dimness in direct sunlight is expected anyway.

More to follow - quality wise, I wouldn't hesitate to buy, based on what I see so far. And if you fear installation, they had it done within 30 minutes or so - not alot of shop time to pay for if you go that route.

-MKL

Archived