IGNORED

Rear Bleed Nipple - Lack of???

George Kirby

George Kirby

I'm looking for help, please. My 2000 R1100RT has no bleed nipple on the rear brake caliper, and I was wondering how I go about fitting one. I've removed and replaced the 'nipple' on the front left hand with a 'proper' nipple, but the 'screw' on the rear caliper is much larger than the front one.

All ideas will be welcome, I'm sure somebody out there has found a 'cure' for this one?????

Thanks, confused.gif

No_Twilight

Not sure what is going on here. My rear caliper (95 RS, ABS II) points rearward and up at about a 45 degree angle. Can't miss it. My front ones are right beside the brake line going in. They are all covered with a rubber protective boot. I don't understand what you meant by replaced the front onew with a proper one unless you're installing speed bleeders. --Jerry

George Kirby

I probably didn't describe the problem properly. On my 2000 RT, there is only one nipple - front R/H caliper. The L/H caliper has a large cylindrical affair which is screwed into the caliper. I've replaced this with a simple bleed nipple as the threads are the same - no problem.

The rear caliper has no nipple. There is a flat-headed 'screw' on the top of the caliper, but this is a much larger thread diameter and pitch than the standard nipple, which would require some sort of 'reducer' to allow me to screw a standard bleed nipple into it.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to locating a suitable 'reducer'???????

Hope i've cleared up any ambiguity.

Cheers,

George.

Stan Walker

Left / right are usually listed with you sitting on the bike, not facing it.

The funny looking thing on the front caliper can just be removed and replaced with a standard bleed screw. Some bikes had them, some didn't.

Could you post a picture of the rear caliper bleed thingy? I've never heard of anything unusual on the rear.

Stan

Never heard of it missing on the rear either.

Regardless -

If you want to install the BMW one, it is part #34212314017

If you want to install the SpeedBleeder one, it is part #SB6100

You refer to a "much larger 'screw' ". There is a 17mm insert in the caliper body which the bleeder fits into. The rear bleeder hex is 8mm, and is smaller than those in front (11mm.) If you can't recognize the bleader, it sounds as if it may have been lost and replaced with something else, or broken off. frown.gif

Archived