IGNORED

Trigger location on 2015 RT for fuse panel

Runnor

I just installed a fuse panel under left front side panel, basically under the mirror. Does anyone know of a convenient trigger connection on either the left or right side I could connect the switched side of the fuse block to? I was thinking of using the running lights hot wire, but I don't know how to get at the running light wiring. Maybe there is a more easily visible/identifiable wire?

Also, does anyone know of a wiring diagram I could find on line for this bike? Still waiting for the Haynes manual to appear.

thanks

John

• 1 month later...

My fuse panel is located under the right side panel under the seat. I tapped into the gray/red wire for the tail light. I'm sure there are other sources closer to the front of the bike where you are mounting your fuse panel so the tail light source may not be ideal.

Here is a link to a discussion about this topic: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-series/123594-relay-trigger.html. Post 32 and 37 are verified sources where many other comments are just guesses. Take a peek at that thread and you may find a trigger source closer to the front of the bike.

Archived