IGNORED

Connecting things to a 2015 RT battery

Runnor

Morning folks,

I've got all my farkels now, got the plastic taken off the bike last night, now ready to get these things installed. First question is, with the battery stuck away like it is on this bike, does anyone have a great idea how to connect leads to the battery? I've got Glenda lights that will need a power lead run to the battery, I also have an Eastern Beaver fuse block to connect to the battery, and the charging connector to my battery tender.

Thought I saw something somewhere about a separate terminal post on the bike? Is this the red lead I see that is near the battery? I just discovered where the battery is located last night after taking the side cover off and saw a terminal off to the right side of the battery.

Thank for your ideas.

Ride safe this weekend.

John

Gary, could you elaborate a bit on your comment? Is that post I'm seeing, connected to the positive terminal of the battery? And what are you referring to as the back side power port for your trigger? Where do you connect the ground side of the fuse block?

Do you have aux lights that also need to be connected to the battery? If so, do you also connect these to that same post? What type of. Connector did you use to connect to this post?

I don't have a manual yet for the bike, and I feel like I'm flying blind in knowing these things.

Thanks for your help guys.

Don't know about Gary, but I unscrewed the right side post using a Torx or an Allen wrench. Installed a ring terminal camped to the wire that fit around the post thread and reinstalled the post. I attached the ground, negative, wire similarly to the negative post of the battery which is accessible. Hope this helps

Larry

Thought I saw something somewhere about a separate terminal post on the bike? Is this the red lead I see that is near the battery? I just discovered where the battery is located last night after taking the side cover off and saw a terminal off to the right side of the battery.

Thank for your ideas.

Ride safe this weekend.

John

Yes, that's the POSITIVE connection. Works well.

Archived