IGNORED

GPS Repairs - PalmDr

Michaelr11

Michaelr11

There's an option when your GPS flakes out - other than sending it back to Garmin with a hefty check.

PalmDr

I had a really great experience with ShortTronics Inc. also known as PalmDr. They offer repairs of Nuvi and Zumo GPS devices as well as a custom "Repair Request" form where you can ask for a quote and see if they will make a repair on your older GPS or one not listed on their repair page.

My repair was for a Streetpilot 2610. The touchscreen had lost it's coating, was difficult to see clearly and was giving back phantom touches. I bought a replacement touchscreen but I realized that I wasn't equipped to make the repair. Chris Short answered my repair request promptly. He said they could replace my touchscreen for a very reasonable repair fee plus return shipping. They got my package on Friday and that same afternoon I got an email with the shipping info for my GPS being returned to me.

Looking at their repair selections it looks like they offer a variety of repair options for your ailing navigation unit.

I have no affiliation with them other than as a customer.

I used them on my Zumo 550 in the past. Quality work at a reasonable price, and easy to work with.

Last fall my Zumo 550 buttons was repaired by PalmDR. So far, the units is good and dealing with PalmDR was painless. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

My experience with PalmDr, too.

Several years ago I replaced a cracked screen on a Garmin. No one listed a replacement screen for that unit, but I noticed there was an identical screen pictured on his website for a different mod. He agreed to let me try it and return the screen if it didn't work. It did work, still does.

Replacing screens and batteries on Garmin Nuvi's is EZPZ. Much easier than cell phones.

Fast, very reasonable, easy to work with, good guy. He was glad to know of the additional model use, too.

No affiliation here either, just a very satisfied customer.

Archived