IGNORED

I-BMW.com Returns

Les is more

Les is more

Howdy,

I just got this e mail announcing the return of I-BMW.com Thought you might be interested if you hadn't already heard.

I-BMW.com's BACK

The premier K1200 forum returns....

Boston Ma. Mar 09, 2006:

In this our 3rd incarnation since the Spring of 1998, we've returned with a world class, open source architecture in concert with the best forum software and custom coded module offerings money can buy!

Despite a brief outage due to a recent hostile takeover and pirating of our personal property; namely our databases... WE'RE BACK! Yes, this despite our unfortunate encounter with some very bad folks disguised as promoters of online "community"...! (and despite said group's "denial of service" attack attempts to interrupt our re-birth - the list is as tiresome as it is long).....

OK, enough dwelling on the past, as we're accelerating forward, with all previous admins & moderators back on board, away from the drama of a bye- gone era to provide you a place to share the K1200 experience, an experience based on pride of ownership and unrivaled community discussion; K1200 related or not.... smile.gif

Let's get down to business:

Apologies ahead of time, but as this is an entirely new database effective Feb 1st 2006, you're required to re- register. -Freely employ your former name/ password should you wish to.

Note; should you not immediately receive access credentials via confirmation email from us, it's likely your ISP's overly ambitious spam filters. Contact us here and we'll work around it.

We have been up and running for over a month, already breaking the old record for the most users concurrently online and welcoming back members from the past! We have made many improvements, including an entirely new Gallery program, an extremely popular Shoutbox (a live chat room), personal “stickies” to help you organize your favorite posts, one-click Private Messaging from within a post, a built-in Spell Checker, many new Smiles, enough Site Statistics for even the most curious, a new poll system, a dedicated Classified Ad program that lets you manage your own ad (including edits at any time), and JoMamma is BACK! Our 4 “official” i- bmw.com rallies are the icing-on-the-cake! Come see what you are missing!

Already registered ? Log-in and share the experience...

Thanks for listening - see you inside; the NEW I-bmw.com

The fluff and the nonsense in the email was finally sufficient to push me to unsubscribe. It's pretty much what life on i-bmw.com is generally like.

The fluff and the nonsense in the email was finally sufficient to push me to unsubscribe. It's pretty much what life on i-bmw.com is generally like.

thumbsup.gif

The fluff and the nonsense in the email was finally sufficient to push me to unsubscribe.

Nah. I think it was the "many new Smiles" that scared you off(IHHHH)(insert hammer hitting head here)

Nah. I think it was the "many new Smiles" that scared you off(IHHHH)(insert hammer hitting head here)

I'll admit that that turned me off. But then I noted they wrote "Smiles" and not "Smilies." That did make me smile, so maybe they weren't so far off.

Archived