IGNORED

Where do you mount things under a wethead seat?

Runnor

Hey guys,

I need some help. I just took possession of a 2015 RT, and I want to install several of the farkles from my 2010 RT. I took the seat off the 2015 Rt tonight, and whoa! What happened to all the space under the seat?

I have an Eastern Beaver fuse block, Sena 10 Bluetooth, and an Audio bridge to install under the seat, and the hyperlites module which is really small. And oh yeah, where is the battery? I know I have to get a new Clymers manual, but oh my gosh where do you guys put these devices on the new wethead?

I've also got Glenda lights to install, but I prefer not to install then on the forks like I did on the 2010. I don't have crash bars on this new bike, so is there any other option for installing them higher up?

Someone must have figured this out already. Thanks for any help you can give me.

John

There isn't much space there, I agree. Did you see the pitiful tool kit under the front seat? Not enough tools to change a tire there. I installed Darla auxiliary lights on my 2016 and there is ample room under the rear seat for the Canopener controller. Might be room for some similar sized bits. Battery is accessible from the right side under the plastic cover. It is a tight fit in there, sitting at the bottom of a "V" formed by two frame members. I mounted my Darla lights on BMW-supplied brackets that attach to the engine on each side. They cost about $140, but make for a neat installation. It is a tightly packed motorcycle in my opinion.

I was able to mount my PDM60 just to the right of the left longitudinal frame member under the front section of the seat. If your fuse block isn't too large, you might be able to put it there. A few other smaller items (like the Valentine One power adapter) ended up getting stuffed into smaller crevices. If you have enough wire to run, there's a bit of room under the rear tail section, but it's pain in the neck to access this area.

No doubt about it, though . . . it's a challenge to find space to locate this stuff.

Thanks fastlarry, that will help me get started. I'll look at those BMW brackets. Probably just what I was looking for.

Thanks Mike,

My pieces are pretty small, so I'll look at those spaces you suggested. By the way, did you buy a Haines or Clymers manual yet? I looked on line and only found a Haines manual for the wet heads.

John

Archived