IGNORED

'06 RT rear view mirror options

PMJ

Just got an RT and I need to see more than my riding gloves and knees in the low mount mirrors. I saw recommendations for a handle bar mirror in the past using a K bike mirror. Anyone have specifics?

Evening PMJ

On the BMW hexhead 1200RT the BMW K1200RS mirrors look about the best & preform very well. The downside is they are not cheap.

If looks isn't a priority then the BMW GS or GS-A mirrors will also work good. (again, not cheap)

Otherwise there a lots of aftermarket stalk type mirrors that can be made to fit but I can't name any offhand.

There are also a some bar end mirrors that will fit but they widen the bar width enough to be a problem for some riders.

Just put mirrors in the search box at the top here & change the search box to hexhead, there should be LOTS or reading on different mirrors that will work.

Sam Rowland

WunderlichAmerica has a set of handlebar mount mirrors for the RT, you might give them a call (831) 761-1070 I do know that you have to purchase the mirrors and the adapters seperately

The Rocketman

For my '09RT, I found a very lightly used set of K1200RS mirrors on Ebay at a great price, and although I loved the look of them, they didn't allow enough lateral adjustment to go wide enough for me to see behind me. I picked up a set of Wunderlich GS Mirrors (p/n 8410053) for $ 54.00 each, and they are absolutely perfect.

Link =>>

Wunderlich GS Mirrors

Be advised, that if you have anything other than the stock windshield, the add-on mirrors may hit the windshield when it is in its lowest position, and you turn the handlebar lock to lock. If so, you can either leave your windshield slightly raised so the edges don't hit, or search for another windshield. I went through two ZTechnik shields with this issue, until I finally landed a Cee Bailey one, and the issue is now gone.

Karlington1

I use my add-on mirrors exclusively...I hardly ever look at the stock ones now. The view is pretty good...I like them a lot, I can get a wider look (over my shoulders; I'm 6-4) and if I really want to get different view I can use the stock mirrors too. I purchased my mirrors though Ebay...some cheap-o types, less than $26 from China as I recall. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Black-Mirror-BMW-F650GS-F800GS-F800-F650-GS-08-11-/280835215602?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item41631550f2 No problems with the purchase so the seller seems decent. The mounting brackets that attach the mirror to the handle bar...now those were where the $$ was spent; about $32 each. I believe I got them from Bob's BMW in NY. There are some Ebay sellers selling the same types of mirror set ups for $130, but I did the same thing for less and I like the eye shaped mirrors over the round ones sold by BMW. I did however have to buy a reduced thread adapter to fit the Chinese stem to the BMW bracket. I can't say for sure, but I think these were the ones I acquired...(a couple bucks) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-or-Scooter-Mirror-Adapters-View-10mm-to-8mm/280780612880?rt=nc The reducer looked a bit out of place (sliver) so I sewed a black fabric (Cordura) tube to slip on over them before I screwed the mirrors on. I used some thread lock after I got them set the way I wanted...use blue lock, not red. So far over 3 years and the mirroring (reflective) has held up 100%, the plastic frame stayed perfect and they did not loosen up. They don't vibrate or anything like that; they are pretty solid. The rubber boot has not rotted or cracked.

Archived