IGNORED

Service icon appears < 6000 miles

Antknee

Hi Y'all, anyone know why the service icon appears on my bike with 5480 miles on it when th recommended service is at 6000 miles? is this an early warning or could there be another issue I am not aware of?

2014 R1200 RT

Hi Y'all, anyone know why the service icon appears on my bike with 5480 miles on it when th recommended service is at 6000 miles? is this an early warning or could there be another issue I am not aware of?

2014 R1200 RT

It's either reminding you that you have service coming up soon (if it comes on then goes off), or is telling you that you're due for your annual service (12 months since last service).

mine has been on since June 2015. Wish that there was a way to turn it off without a trip to the dealer.

Two ways to turn it off without dealer, GS911 and electrical tape :)

Jay

2014 R1200 RT

It is just an early warning. That icon will start to appear a few 100 miles before the service is due, but go away after about a minute. Then, after the actual due mileage (6k, say) the icon will stay lit all the time! It is lit on my '15 RT at present, since I do all of the servicing on my RT. The bike is going in for new set of tires and firmware update next week, and so I will have the dealer reset the reminder for me, otherwise I have no problems in ignoring it! :) Yeah, you can turn it off with a GS-911, but at this time I don't feel like shelling out $400 just to turn off a silly icon, nor am I interested in all the nice things that the device can tell me......at this time!

Archived