IGNORED

Another intercom pairing question

hopz

I have two SMH-10's headsets and this weekend I paired my helmet to the passenger helmet... but I could not get the phone to pair with the Nav V.

The result was we could chat rider to passenger but no Tunes from the Bike. I know they were playing because I could see the names of the tunes.

The question is... can the rider hear the bike-tunes if the rider's helmet is intercom paired to the passenger?

After we got home I turned off the pairing and powered down both headsets. then I re-booted mine and then the phone paired to the Nav V, and the tunes began playing in the headset...

WTF?

Afternoon, Hopz

The first thing that I would do is to contact Sena, I worked through a few issues with them before trying to set up using with an N com unit. After a few attempts we got it all working.

As for your set up it should be pretty straight forward. Have you tried pairing both units to the Nav v. first and then to each other second, and then to your phones ?

It will work as it should when paired in the proper order. If this is your first Blue tooth unit its a bit tricky learning the proper sync order. But once you get it your set up and ready to go.

I love my old SHM-10 unit and cant be without it. being able to talk to your riding partner, have your bike and phone able to communicate is what were all looking for.

Good Luck it will work for you if i am not mistaken the manual that came with the unit gave you some examples of how to pair your units together, I would check into that, If I find my manual I will post back soon.

Good Luck,hopz

Good Evening, hopz

I went and found my manual.

Try this This is from Case 5 in the book on page 43.

First, Do a Factory reset.

Second, Pair your phone and your Sena unit.

Third, Pair your phone to your bike.

Forth, pair the second Sena unit to your unit.

What you should be able to do: Mobile phone

Motorcycle audio, music,GPS

Intercom

This is the setup from Sena for the R1200rt.

Follow these steps in this order

Thanks for the input(s) but I need to clarify.

I have had a reliable pairing on my SMH10/the bike/the Nav V. for time measured in years.

Normally I do not ride with a passenger.

My routine has been to power up the bike, then power on the Sena. At this point I can hear through the Sena... "Device Connected", then a few seconds later... "Media Connected".

Note: My pairing method is to use the "RKA" Youtube method... (BMW and Sena pairing has been problematic from the beginning.

At that point I pair my iPhone via B/T to the Nav V. Then I can hear the media from the bike. No problem.

BUT... this weekend we had company and my niece wanted to ride. I paired my Sena and her Sena... but the pairing of mu iPhone to the NavV of the phone was not successful. There popped up on the Nav V a screen saying something to the effect of... "The device is not connected...and Phone connection has been disabled".

That is my question... what is that message and what causes it?

Further let me amend the the question to include... is there a pairing process so that both the rider and the passenger hear the media being played from the bike's right-hand side glove box media driven by the thumb drive?

again... riding solo the pairing and media all happen, basically, automatically.

Thanks for the input(s) but I need to clarify.

I have had a reliable pairing on my SMH10/the bike/the Nav V. for time measured in years.

Normally I do not ride with a passenger.

My routine has been to power up the bike, then power on the Sena. At this point I can hear through the Sena... "Device Connected", then a few seconds later... "Media Connected".

Note: My pairing method is to use the "RKA" Youtube method... (BMW and Sena pairing has been problematic from the beginning.

At that point I pair my iPhone via B/T to the Nav V. Then I can hear the media from the bike. No problem.

BUT... this weekend we had company and my niece wanted to ride. I paired my Sena and her Sena... but the pairing of mu iPhone to the NavV of the phone was not successful. There popped up on the Nav V a screen saying something to the effect of... "The device is not connected...and Phone connection has been disabled".

That is my question... what is that message and what causes it?

Further let me amend the the question to include... is there a pairing process so that both the rider and the passenger hear the media being played from the bike's right-hand side glove box media driven by the thumb drive?

again... riding solo the pairing and media all happen, basically, automatically.

Interesting.... I have power up the Sena first before turning on the bike. If I don't nothing will pair.

Gt

OK, the code is broken...

In all the pairing and un-paring, and etc... my headset became unpaired with the bike.

If the Bike is not paired to a headset, then the bike does not pair the phone to the Nav V... that's why it "disconnected" the phone support. Nav 5 says, basically, Why bother to B/T the phone when there is no way for Bob to hear it?

For everything to work the following connections must be made.

1. Headset to Nav 5 (for navigation prompts and Smart Link)

2. Headset to Bike (so that you can hear the Audio system)

3. iPhone to Nav 5 (so that you can make/receive calls)

or something like that... OBTW I really wish there was telephone support for the BMW bike and its systems. Having to call tech support for the Nav 5 is great but they do not know anything about the bike. Calling Sena is good but they do not know about the Nav 5. Neither Sena nor Garmin know squat about the bike.

Dealer generally knows nothing about the bike except bring it in for a service call... but they know nothing about the phone, or the Nav 5 so a service cal is not helpful but is expensive.

So there...

Archived