IGNORED

abs and warning lights coming on!

KER

i just recently have had a problem develop on my '02 1150RT-P. After a few minutes of driving, randomly my "brake failure" and "warning light" start to alternate back and forth. I turn the bike off and restart it and they don't come back on. What is the common issue that causes this, i check the manual and it said to get the fluid levels and then take it to the dealer to check. any thoughts....

russell_bynum
I'd go with what the manual says. Also, check your brake light switches and bulb.

Also, check the rear wheel for play. When my 1100RT had the same symptoms it was because the final drive was failing and had enough play that the wheel was wobbling enough to take the rear ABS sensor gap out of spec...which would cause it to throw a fault.

Bill Dennes

Has the bike been drooling brake fluid from one of the overflow hoses behind the right footpeg?

If brake fluid has gotten low, it has to go somewhere...

Kyle

Would you believe a buddy of mine also named Kiel was having similiar problems with his 03 Adventure. He did a complete brake bleed on it at a tech day down here in SoCal and everything is working fine now. I bet you could have low fluid levels as well. Hope this helps.

i checked the bike over and dont see anything leaking, when i get a chance i will check my fluid levels. The one time i noticed it come on was i at a stop light holding the rear brake and they came on. Today i round about 150 hard miles with no relapse of the problem. Also, everything works fine when the lights do come on as far as i can tell (didnt test the actually abs function). If i dont notice any low fluids i guess i will head down to the dealer for them to check it.

Archived