IGNORED

Differences in the 13, 14, 15, 16 GSW

Exploreinman

Exploreinman

Anyone know the year to year changes/differences from the 2013, 14, 15, 2016 GS Waterheads?

marcopolo

I don't pretend that this is complete, or necessarily fully accurate, and I'm sure others will chime in.

In 2016, ABS Pro became available.

Initially, Shift Assist Pro (quick shifter) was not available, but is now. Not sure in what model year it was introduced.

A heavier flywheel/camshaft was introduced at some point (when the GSA was introduced in model year 2014), it had the heavier flywheel, so it was either 2014, or 2015, on the GS.

There may be other things, but these I recall off the top of my head.

Obviously, colours have changed too.

roadscholar

I could be wrong about this but I think '13 had a key, in '14 it was optional, and '15 on they had just a button. If I ever get one I'd like it to have a key : )

Dave_in_TX
I could be wrong about this but I think '13 had a key, in '14 it was optional, and '15 on they had just a button. If I ever get one I'd like it to have a key : )

Keyless ignition is still optional but most of the bikes the dealers are getting seem to have it. You might need to special order to not get it.

• 3 weeks later...
Exploreinman

I think I got my answer. In 14 they added a steering damper. In 15 they added keyless ignition and gear assist pro. In 16 they added ABS Pro.

Sailorlite

I notice that BMW describes the ESA suspension control for 2016 as "Dynamic ESA". Is that something new for 2016 or has the ESA been dynamic for several years?

I notice that BMW describes the ESA suspension control for 2016 as "Dynamic ESA". Is that something new for 2016 or has the ESA been dynamic for several years?

It's the same thing on my 2015 GSA, so yes, it's been around for a few years.

Archived