IGNORED

No Help From the Marques

Thumper

Had a rear flat - - HD shop refused to change the tire off the rim - - - Honda shop refused unless they sold me the tire - - - found a freelance shop to do it, but they had no way to balance a BMW wheel. What risks are there to running a tire/rim that has not been balanced? (Thanks to Paul, Killer, Gordon B, smiller, TUB, Andrew, BMW Rich, MATTS_RT, No Twilight, Will, Ken DBG, Russell, Wooster, Douglas, and Marathon Man for your advice on the flat.) thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum
Had a rear flat - - HD shop refused to change the tire off the rim - - - Honda shop refused unless they sold me the tire - - - found a freelance shop to do it, but they had no way to balance a BMW wheel. What risks are there to running a tire/rim that has not been balanced? (Thanks to Paul, Killer, Gordon B, smiller, TUB, Andrew, BMW Rich, MATTS_RT, No Twilight, Will, Ken DBG, Russell, Wooster, Douglas, and Marathon Man for your advice on the flat.) thumbsup.gif

I've run many sets of MEZ4's, and Pilot Roads on my R1100RT, a set of Pilot Roads on Lisa's R1100RS, and a few sets of Pilot Powers on the CBR. I haven't balanced any of them. All of the bikes have been fine from 0mph all the way to top speed (which is around 160mph on the front straight at Fontana on the CBR).

YMMV, but I haven't noticed a damn bit of difference between the tires that I installed and didn't balance, and the tires that the dealership installed and did balance.

CrunchyFrog

When I use my homebrewed static balancer, I line up the light spot on the tire with the heavy spot on the rim and it usually doesn't usually need any weights. You should be just fine thumbsup.gif

Archived