IGNORED

Temp Sensor Mounting

moshe_levy

All-

I've noticed (what I believe to be) my ambient air temp sensor just dangling between the forks. I can't seem to see where it was originally mounted. It's just the sensor - no clip. Anyone have any ideas or pictures?

-MKL

The Rocketman

On my '09RT there is a black plastic clip attached to the lower lip of the right side panel that goes around the cylinder head. Its about 1/3 of the way back from the front tip. There's a zip tie that goes around the sensor and through a slot in the clip. Don't know if its the same for your year and model.

Here's a pic of mine:

image1_zps2zwf48tl.jpeg

I believe it attaches on the right near the top. Remove the right side plastic, the one with the plastic tabs and look for a mounting spot.

It's been my experience that the ambient temp guage consistently reads 2 C higher than actual temp. (4 RTs) I've asked the service tech to check it a couple of times when the bike is in for service and it always comes back 'within specifications'.

Anybody else share this observation? Any remedy?

thanks.

Len

I have certainly found my bikes temperature display to read higher than the "official" temps given by weather sources. That includes displays that are not for motorcycles that I have adapted. Yet sitting in the garage they read exactly what my wall thermometers read. I am more or less convinced the increased temperature readings are accurate, but higher than you might expect to due heat from asphalt, concrete, exhaust, and whatever else might be around.

That was exactly what I was looking for. Snapped right back in. I just didn't see that hole to plug it into. THANK YOU!

-MKL

It's been my experience that the ambient temp guage consistently reads 2 C higher than actual temp. (4 RTs) I've asked the service tech to check it a couple of times when the bike is in for service and it always comes back 'within specifications'.

Anybody else share this observation? Any remedy?

thanks.

Len

Based on what? Remember there is road heat etcetera. I think with in a couple of degrees gives me a general feeling of the environment.

Archived