IGNORED

Odyssey battery

gordiet

There isn't at least they don't show one on the site. I've look at aftermarket batteries and haven't found one yet. I did this a while back. The Wethead battery has a 2 year warranty (per manual) my dealer says they'll give it 3. Mine was replace at 2 years.

Please keep us posted if you fine any equivalent battery.

Jay

Guest Kakugo
What Oddysey battery fits the wet head RT?

GT

If it's anything like the GS-LC, the PC-535 will do but...

I have not been able to find any data about the RT-LC battery. Not even Yuasa lists an alternative. The BMW part number is unique to the RT-LC, while the GS-LC uses the same battery as the Hexhaead/Camhead.

If you can take a look at the battery and see if it has any manufacturer sticker on it, or at least list the specs, we may be able to help.

What Oddysey battery fits the wet head RT?

GT

If it's anything like the GS-LC, the PC-535 will do but...

I have not been able to find any data about the RT-LC battery. Not even Yuasa lists an alternative. The BMW part number is unique to the RT-LC, while the GS-LC uses the same battery as the Hexhaead/Camhead.

If you can take a look at the battery and see if it has any manufacturer sticker on it, or at least list the specs, we may be able to help.

The BMW part numbers are different between the GS and the RT, check on Real OEM

Jay

• 2 months later...

Just had to get a new battery myself. Ordered a PC680 on Amazon for $122 total. Ordered Sat, should arrive today (Tue). Yuasa was $75, but Odyssey is Made in USA.

After much reading and research, it seems one of the MOST important things to do is get the CORRECT battery charger/maintainer for your new battery. I only get to ride every other weekend or so. MAINTENANCE at full (100%) charge is imperative for longest life.

Odyssey recommends the following chargers:

http://www.odysseybattery.com/docume...V_chargers.pdf

I was concerned where in says "Not for Cycle Applications" for the Trickle chargers, so I called ODYSSEY (ODYSSEY Sales/Support Representative @ 888-422-0317), talked to a very nice and very knowledgeable lady after about a half ring. She said it SHOULD say "cyclic applications", as in deep discharge situations. She also said they strongly recommend the trickle chargers for MOTORCYCLE application.

Ordered a "BatteryMINDer Charger-Desulfator - 12 Volt, AGM Batteries, Model# 2012-AGM" for $63 from Amazon yesterday, will arrive today, too.

LOTS of info on all kinds of batteries on their website.

Just had to get a new battery myself. Ordered a PC680 on Amazon for $122 total. Ordered Sat, should arrive today (Tue). Yuasa was $75, but Odyssey is Made in USA.

After much reading and research, it seems one of the MOST important things to do is get the CORRECT battery charger/maintainer for your new battery. I only get to ride every other weekend or so. MAINTENANCE at full (100%) charge is imperative for longest life.

Odyssey recommends the following chargers:

http://www.odysseybattery.com/docume...V_chargers.pdf

I was concerned where in says "Not for Cycle Applications" for the Trickle chargers, so I called ODYSSEY (ODYSSEY Sales/Support Representative @ 888-422-0317), talked to a very nice and very knowledgeable lady after about a half ring. She said it SHOULD say "cyclic applications", as in deep discharge situations. She also said they strongly recommend the trickle chargers for MOTORCYCLE application.

Ordered a "BatteryMINDer Charger-Desulfator - 12 Volt, AGM Batteries, Model# 2012-AGM" for $63 from Amazon yesterday, will arrive today, too.

LOTS of info on all kinds of batteries on their website.

Please let us know if it fit's, my gut tells me it's too tall.

I had the same PC680 in my 02 RT, sold it with the bike at about 7 years old still strong. I kept it on a Battery Tender Plus when not in my shop (parked). You only need the Odyssey Battery Minder if you the battery is depleted, but just to maintain I had no issues using the Battery Tender Plus.

Jay

Archived