IGNORED

Drank the Kool Aid

zenwhipper

First post for me to the board. Welcomed a 2016 R1200RT he other day.

IMG_0728-M.jpg

Love this machine. Just came off 8 years on a FJR.

Cheers Mates!

Probably not a better BMW to "drink the Koolaid" with. So far it looks like BMW has done a very good job with engineering the new RT series. While there are those with a few niggling problems, I don't hear of ANY final drive problems or really anything that is major. With the performance, features, and overall quality of this bike I hope we are on the bike that will make us want to keep a BMW around for a long time.

Doug_Baliko

First post for me to the board. Welcomed a 2016 R1200RT he other day.

IMG_0728-M.jpg

Love this machine. Just came off 8 years on a FJR.

Cheers Mates!

Welcome. What made you decide on the RT vs. the new FJR?

Doug

Just wanted something different from the FJR world. The FJR is a fantastic bike and new the Gen has many improvements and enhancements. But the RT is, for me, the next step in my riding style. And so far... the bike is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats! Beautiful bike. Just curious, what kind of accessories you planning on installing?

Stay tuned... but at the moment I have the Touratech Crash Bars mounted and also a new custom seat from Rich's Seats. Posts to follow. :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

That's a very cool looking bike -- the graphics make it look like it's moving when it's standing still!

• 1 month later...
yellowledbetter

Congrats! I had an '03 FJR and 75K miles on it before switching to my '07 RT. After putting 112K miles on the RT I wanted another, but the initial rear shock issue had me waiting too long to take possession of the '14 RT I ordered so I bought another FJR instead. After 22K miles on the FJR I was already bored, so picked up a '16 RT just like yours a few weeks ago. Loving it!

Archived