IGNORED

Surging

daveyboy27uk

daveyboy27uk

Dumb question time again!!!!! can someone please explain to me exactly what they mean by surging? Yes it's official I can be that simple, sorry but i've found if I don't ask then I never learn doh! thumbsup.gif

Surging (I think) is when you hold partial throttle steady in lower gears (3rd or 4th say) and you perceive engine "hunting" for correct rpm, that is, motor's speed increases and decreases on its own as you hold throttle steady. This phenomenon seems most likely to occur at 3500 to 4000 rpm.

My sole oilhead ('98 R11RT) doesn't do this so I'm only reporting what others say. At my bike's 600 mile service dealer encouraged me to stand beside mechanic the whole flipping day (I don't mean this negatively only that it was eight actual hours of my time). I recall mechanic removed something from fuse box (CAT code plug, I assume) saying, "you really don't want this". Funny as it sounds, this may be why my oilhead knows nothing about surging. (an alternate explaination is that I'm too dense to notice surging or (my favorite) I was born under a lucky star).

Adios,

Wooster

First atom: "I've lost my electron !"

Second atom: "Are you sure ?"

First atom: "I'm positive !"

I have to admit to being confused as to whether I am so insensitive that I can't tell if my bike actually "surges" or if I am simply feeling the aerodynamic "surges" of the air from various directions and speeds.

I am serious, I really can't. smirk.gif

Archived