IGNORED

My New (old) R12RT

Mike

It's not the most artistically worthy photo, but I've now joined the wethead club:

IMG_2669-M.jpg

It's a 2014 buy-back, one of the RTs that was turned in for a credit toward another BMW. It had 5,400 miles on it when I picked it up from BMW of Countryside (IL) on Friday. They've been extensively reviewed elsewhere, so I won't go into great detail, but my initial impressions are almost all positive. The "new" RT has great power, handles well, and comes nicely equipped (this one had pretty much every option except the top box, which the original owner cannibalized for the K16GT that he bought as a replacement).

I put 450 miles on it yesterday and my only significant complaint is the seat. Yes, it's better than the seats on the previous BMWs I've owned, but it's still not (for me) an all-day seat. We'll work on that once I put it away for the winter, but it's workable for now.

Nice ride. Now you can get to the "cabin" faster with more

comfort. :grin::wave:

Right! :grin:

Actually, it is a little too easy to go fast on the RT. The wind blast on the ST was a friendly reminder to keep speed in check. I got lasered on my way back home yesterday afternoon, but I was being a good citizen (at that particular moment).

Looks like you already have some nice engine bars and tank bag. Get Fernandos reflective kit on the way and some other goodies. I went with the Russell seat, but unlike the older Beemer I couldn't find a used seat to have while one was being built. Man, it is hard to give it up for a month for the seat but it simply completes the bike.

Looks like you already have some nice engine bars and tank bag. Get Fernandos reflective kit on the way and some other goodies. I went with the Russell seat, but unlike the older Beemer I couldn't find a used seat to have while one was being built. Man, it is hard to give it up for a month for the seat but it simply completes the bike.

Yep. Already got the MotoEquip reflectives and have the bigger bits installed. This is one of those accessories I wouldn't be without--inexpensive, high quality, and a huge improvement in safety.

Yeah, noticed that you were selling your bike & then your jacket. I put on the :( for a moment, guess now I can resume with the :). :grin: Looks awesome! :clap:

Pat

Archived