IGNORED

Still wish for more contrast in display

macx

I've been wishing for that ever since I got the bike. I think others have wishes for that, too, and the subject has probly been

beat to death, but sometimes somebody comes up with something.

I recently asked the service mgr at the local dealer if he knew of any developments and he thought that there was a way to adjust the brightness by using some combination of the buttons, but when he tried it and tried several different combinations he couldn't come up with anything.

I did a search and nothing came up, either.

Anybody know of any way to make that display visible in the daytime when it's shaded?

Thanks!

I've been wishing for that ever since I got the bike. I think others have wishes for that, too, and the subject has probly been

beat to death, but sometimes somebody comes up with something.

I recently asked the service mgr at the local dealer if he knew of any developments and he thought that there was a way to adjust the brightness by using some combination of the buttons, but when he tried it and tried several different combinations he couldn't come up with anything.

I did a search and nothing came up, either.

Anybody know of any way to make that display visible in the daytime when it's shaded?

Afternoon macx

It should be in your riders manual (about page 42 or so)

Press button 1.

The current level of dimming

appears in the display field 2.

Press button 1 repeatedly until

desired level of dimming is indicated.

The display lighting becomes

brighter by one level each time

the button is pressed. Each

time the button is pressed

after maximum brightness is

reached, brightness is reduced

by one level.

Problem is: it probably still won't go bright enough to view in bright sunlight.

• 3 weeks later...
Svaha!Dean

I demo'd a used 2011 RT this morning for purchase consideration, great bike, but my one concern was that I couldn't read the dash display.

I demo'd a used 2011 RT this morning for purchase consideration, great bike, but my one concern was that I couldn't read the dash display.

If you could always ride with the sun at your back ...

Archived