IGNORED

R1100RT seat

Mulepick

I've been through the files and it seems like there's a bunch of normal sized guys riding these bikes and are pretty satisfied with the stock seat.

Any big, fat guys out there? I'm 6'2"/270 w a 32" inseam so most of my height is fm the waist up frown.gif. I've got a bigger windshield on the way but would like a more comfy seat. Corbin's are supposed to be good but raise you 2".

Has anyone bought/liked BMW's touring/comfort seat? Any big guys want to weigh in on this? smile.gif (I kill myself)

Bob

Do you have the original narrower R1100RT seat? If so, a swap to the factory R1150RT so called "comfort seat" may be all you need. And they are cheap and easy to find. If it doesn't work out, then you already have a pan to use with any of the seat re-builders.

daveyboy27uk

Whats the size difference between and standard 1100RT seat and an 1150RT seat then? I had always assumed they were one and the same doh

difference between and standard 1100RT seat and an 1150RT seat then?
the early 1150's had the same seat and had a option for the "comfort", at some point all 1150s came with the optional "comfort seat" . The comfort seat is about 2 inches wider in the back for us fat a$$es and worked well for me.

When i bought my (99)rt it came with the comfort seat,it`s wider than stock and i found it hard to get both feet on the floor even with the seat in the lowest position.I bought a stock seat off Ebay and now i have to put the seat in the middle position and i can still get my feet down.I suppose i will eventually get round to selling the "comfort" seat.So beware if you have short legs blush.gif

Regards Del

I am 6'2", 245 with a 32" inseam. The only seat I have found that I really like is my Russell. Expensive and a long wait, but for me, worth it in the long run. I have a BMW "comfort" and a Sargent that don't work for me. I tried a Corbin, and found it very uncomfortable. Russell makes their seats to fit each individual customer. You send them pictures and measurements when you order. They matched my a** on the first try. My wifes seat took 3 tries, but they never complained. I have put 80k on my Russell and love it. I think CeeBailey and Rick Mayer also custom build?

Before changing the seat raise the front approx 3/8 of an inch (experiment with different spacers under the front mounting) 1/2 inch is too much and causes locking problems.

Delboy

What would it take for you to sell me that comfort seat, my large backside would really appreciate it!! I sent you a PM

BeemerBoneYard usually has used ones for about $70, check em out.

I've got a 32" inseam as well and when I switched from the comfort to the std seat I was able to raise my seat up a notch. In your case you'll be going down a notch. If you're already at bottom, you may have problems gettin your feet down. The seat is not higher, it's the width of the seat that keeps you from gettin your legs straight down.

Do you have the original narrower R1100RT seat? If so, a swap to the factory R1150RT so called "comfort seat" may be all you need. And they are cheap and easy to find. If it doesn't work out, then you already have a pan to use with any of the seat re-builders.
ken, if you can give me exact dimensions i can check and see if i have the narrow seat you're looking for.
Has anyone bought/liked BMW's touring/comfort seat?

My 2000 RT-S came with 2 additional options: painted seats and comfort seat. The comfort seat is awesome for 1000 mile days.

Archived