IGNORED

WC RT Helibars

kltk165

I think the Illium and Helibars are butt ugly. But the Helibars are probably going to be very good for comfort. I found the Illium bar risers to really help my wrist and elbow fatigue on long rides. But the price of the Illium is too high in my opinion. Even though I paid it. So you know what I think of the Helibar price!

I like the ilium ones better.

The Ilium Works products is about one-third the price. However, the HeliBars also increase the overall width of the bars, enhancing leverage and, perhaps for some, comfort. However, it's a big price differential.

I think the Illium and Helibars are butt ugly.

I agree that the Helibars look a bit "bolt on" but I have the Illium bar risers and think they look fine in fact almost OEM. Other than price the advantage of the Illium risers is that I have been able to install a BMW 2 switch module (off an authority bike) onto them!

However I quite like the idea of the wider bars that Helibar offer and that they are "fixed" in just one position so getting them lined up during installation is easy (I tried a few times before getting the Illiums set up correctly).

So, do you think there is enough spare length in the brake/clutch lines, throttle, wiring etc. to fit both?

I think the Illium and Helibars are butt ugly.

I agree that the Helibars look a bit "bolt on" but I have the Illium bar risers and think they look fine in fact almost OEM. Other than price the advantage of the Illium risers is that I have been able to install a BMW 2 switch module (off an authority bike) onto them!

However I quite like the idea of the wider bars that Helibar offer and that they are "fixed" in just one position so getting them lined up during installation is easy (I tried a few times before getting the Illiums set up correctly).

So, do you think there is enough spare length in the brake/clutch lines, throttle, wiring etc. to fit both?

I agree the helibars are butt ugly. I don't see the need for any more width. It would put more strain on my wrists. These bikes are nimble and don't need to be manhandled.

It is nice to see another option on the market. I love my Ilium risers but appreciate another option coming to market for us to consider.

• 1 month later...

Archived