IGNORED

Euro Switch Wiring Changes

Francis

I have a EuroSwitch for my 2002 R1150RT. I want to run at least one pair of auxiliary lights through this switch. If possible I would like to run two pairs of auxiliary light through this switch.

Can someone point me in the direction of modifying this switch so it would operate one or two pairs of auxiliary lights?

One pair of lights would have the switch start with lights off, 2nd position has all bike lights on, third position has all bike lights on plus the auxiliary lights.

Two pairs of auxiliary lights would have the switch start with all bike lights on, 2nd position would have all bike lights on plus one auxiliary set of lights, and 3rd position would add the second set of auxiliary lights to all lights on in 2nd position.

Thanks

Francis

russell_bynum

I know the 1150 switch is different than the 1100 switch, but I'm not sure if the wiring is different. If the wiring is the same, you can use this page on our FAQ to rewire the switch for one set of lights.

For two sets, try this:

To set up the switch for use with Auxiliary lights as noted above:

1. Cut white & yellow wire above the connector about an inch above the connector

2. Cut the gray & blue wire above the connector about an inch above the connector

3. Connect the short gray & blue wire to the green & blue wire at the connector (Turns on parking lights any time ignition is on.)

4. Connect the short white & yellow stub to the green & blue wire at connector (Turn on headlight any time ignition is on.)

5. Connect gray & blue end from Euro switch to the first Auxiliary light relay coil.

6. Connect white & yellow end from Euro switch to the second Auxiliary light relay coil.

Note: I've got my RT and Lisa's RS setup this way, but I don't have the switch or my notes on how I did it in front of me, so I'm "shooting from the hip". Please verify my instructions before you wire up your RT and it shorts out and burns your house down. thumbsup.gif

Archived