IGNORED

Hitch options?

swyper

Hi all, new-to-me '14 RT owner here. Loving the bike, my first BMW....wonder why I waited so long.

So before I got the bike, I bought a used Uni-go trailer from a local shop here...and now I'm trying to put the two together, trying to figure out my options.

I see DMC/Dauntless makes a hitch for 2014+ water cooled RTs, but the only forum posts I've been able to find about it seem to indicate the rear wheel rubs on it. The Bushtec site is less clear about what years their hitch fits, and I can't seem to get a response from them.

Anyone using a hitch on their RTW, either for a Uni-go or otherwise?

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance!

MB

I would like to know also. I have a bushtec trailer and have been towing it with my honda st1300 with a bushtec hitch. Now that I have the r1200rt lc I would like to do the same.

I called bushtec and asked about the 2014 on up , they told me they have one it just is not posted on the web site.

I think a strong hitch for a uni-go is needed cause of the way it tows. also they use a different type attachment. Not sure if a bushtec is strong enough for this.Bushtec uses a simple pin attachment. i would sure like to hear from someone that tows a uni-go or any other trailer with a r1200rt.

Gary

I had a DMC hitch on my 2007 RT and pulled a Unigo trailer. It was a solid piece of kit, and didn't rub anywhere.

You might try calling Jay at DMC and ask him about it. He can make the hitch specific for the Unigo connection.

• 4 months later...

Did you ever get the hitch for your RT swyper ? I just purchased a 2016 last week and will be wanting to pull our starlight trailer.

Archived