IGNORED

The CAT again

JamesW

russell_bynum
OK, so which software/exhaust/cat bypass was the best bang for the buck for a noob with just a hint of rust on his stock 04 chromed pipe? ?

The best thing you can do to improve the performance of your bike, is upgrade your skills as a rider. One day with a track school like the California Superbike School, Schwantz, etc will cost less than an aftermarket exhaust (even if you rent their bike) and will have a bigger impact on your performance than all the money you could ever spend on exhaust, chip, port/polish, etc.

gratefulJED

Russell, I completely agree - I was just making light of a deep (for me) thread and wondering aloud about that rust. As for my riding skills I did it a little different. Bought the bike - totaled it within 300 miles - replaced the bike and ride much better now. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum

I was just making light of a deep (for me) thread and wondering aloud about that rust

If the bike is an '04 and you have less than 36K miles, the rust should be covered under warranty.

steve.foote
I was just making light of a deep (for me) thread and wondering aloud about that rust

If the bike is an '04 and you have less than 36K miles, the rust should be covered under warranty.

Russell, I thought that would be the case too, but they declined replacing mine.

lol...Sorry Rod don't have recording. Hmmm...don't even think I own a microphone. Take the sound of the stock muffler and add a low level growl to it. Neighbor even commented that he liked it and he isn't at all into motorcycles. I was really surprised by this phenomenon. That alone was worth the $55 to heck with any performance improvement. thumbsup.gif

Hi Tracy,

My fuel economy is pretty much the same. I got 41 mpg riding 2-up in fifth gear most of time with some shots over 100 mph and a few at over 80 mph and some stop and go thrown in for good measure. All on two lane up hill and down and never at a constant speed. Impossible to ever ride in 6th gear in this neck of the woods. This is about what I got with the cat so I am happy with the results. Next, I am going to remove the code plug and have another go at it. Performance is smoother with a bit more power in the mid range. Sorry for not converting to metric.

Jim

Archived