IGNORED

MotoGP TV Coverage

TestPilot

The 2016 MotoGP seasons begins next Sunday, March 20, in Qatar. TV coverage is available, but not on Fox Sports like last year. Instead, beIN Sports now has the US broadcast rights to both MotoGP and World Superbike.

Which means an extra $10 a month for 8 months for me to watch on AT&T. That is still cheaper than a $ 110 subscription to watch on MotoGP.com. The Moto America race series will also be broadcast on beIN.

that is correct, you can "save"30.00. However with the MotoGP account (extra 30.00) you do get all practice sessions, qualifying sessions (live if you have time) you also get decent announcers, and NO COMMERCIALS in the last lap/Turn :-)

The first year I struggled with paying the extra money. Then I think it was the 3rd race of the year, the top 2 riders are going at it, changing positions, passing each other, and they go to commercial and then when they come back the spend first 30 seconds showing the "battle" for 5-8. Yes there were 4 bikes going at it, and it was good racing, but the front two riders were still battling for the win.

anyway I signed up for MotoGP account the next week, watched the race over and was amazed at the quality of the announcing and overall race coverage. Been a subscriber ever year since. And every year I feel like I get more value for my money.

not sure if it was 2 years ago or 3, but they added the "significant event" icon on the replay video. That is so cool. If I miss a race, but find out it was boring, maybe not who won, but I just hear it was basically a run away win, I just click on the significant events, passes, crashes etc. and get the highligts of the race in 20 minutes. They have added other features as well.

Another satisfied MotoGP internet user here. It a huge advantage to not have to get up at oh-dark-thirty for some races and still get that 'live' feeling watching it later. As mentioned, no commercial breaks is a real pleasure.

All the historical action back to 1992 is available as well. Many videos are highlight clips from the early years, but full races are shown starting in the early 2000's.

Yes, no SuperBike, but all the Moto2 and Moto3 races are included and they put on a pretty good show too!

To those that have the MotoGP package. Do you know if a Roku MotoGP channel is available? Or are you watching online on a PC/Tablet?

Don't believe a Roku channel is available. Access is via the normal MotoGP URL. PC, tablet, phone or newer TV with internet can connect. Looks great on a large screen TV as the stream is HD!

I too am a satisfied subscriber to the MotoGP video subscription. I also have the World SBK video subscription as well. It is also high quality although you only get the 2 superpole sessions and the races, not the practice sessions.

Is the multiscreen option worth the extra money?

For me ... no. But obviously some folks like/wanted it for MotoGP to offer it.

per MotoGP ... "The MultiScreen VideoPass gives subscribers the option to choose between six different video feeds: The main track feed (as viewed with the Standard VideoPass), a bird’s eye view from the Helicopter feed and four different OnBoard camera options. Enhancing your viewing experience further, you can view all the feeds simultaneously."

The normal TV feed will switch between these views also but its at the whim of the producers.

Arggghh! DirecTV only has BeIN on the Premier package that is $144 a month and has a whole bunch other stuff that I don't want/need. I currently have the Xtra package that costs $81.99 a month.

Where did you get this information about the switch? Fox Sports still shows it on their site Foxsports

Getting bummed.

I don't have wi-fi in my house and it seems like Direct TV in northern Illinois is not carrying MotoGp. Although I though I read Fox got the broadcast rights. Hope that at least the British Super Bike Championship races are still available , a great series.

That looks like good news to me as I get Fox Sports 1. I had been utterly disgusted thinking I was going to miss the Moto GP season this year. Thanks a bunch for the heads up as I wouldn't have checked on Fox Sports 1. :thumbsup:

I'm getting that disgusted feeling again! The MotoGP doesn't show up on any Fox Sports 1 schedule I could find on-line just now. :mad:

It is showing up on the beIN sports online TV guide from 1-3 PM on Sunday. http://www.beinsports.com/us/tv-guide

Unfortunately, unlike Fox Sports last year, it doesn't look like beIN Sports is broadcasting the Moto2 or Moto3 races. I did, however, find them listed on the beIN website TV guide on beIN Sports 6 at 11:00 AM and 12:20 PM EDT respectively. BeIN Sports 6 can be watched on your computer as streaming video. But the catch is, you must already have beIN Sports on your cable service to access their streaming video feeds.

To those that have the MotoGP package. Do you know if a Roku MotoGP channel is available? Or are you watching online on a PC/Tablet?

Chromecast. $30. or less.

Works great- you stream from an app on your phone.

HDMI, HD 1080P...

Took me a few streaming boxes before I discovered the formula listed above. I believe the phone app is "TVCast" for Iphone. There are many out there for android and IPhone. If there is any downside to this, its the lousy internet service we have at home....if you have a cable Inet provider, it'll work great. Ours works ok, just freezes every once in a while...Only have 3-7Mbps Inet service.....Waiting for technology to catch up.

Of course thats after the subscription to MotoGP video pass......

I finally succumbed to the subscription a couple of years ago when Fox Sports took over the Speed channel.

• 2 weeks later...
Since I don't have WiFi at home, motogp viewing is a problem, however I found race coverage on U-tube.

Well, thats a $35. fix......Also helps isolate your network and hardware from the intyranet.......

I do have wifi, but I watch on my desktop computer, which is wired to the modem. Haven't tried watching on iPad or iPhone or the laptop with wifi. You don't have to have wifi, just an internet connection ... faster the better of course.

I watch it on my Apple TV airplayed from my phone. Works great. I haven't had cable in 5 years so if it doesn't stream somehow, it doesn't get watched. Never at a loss for interesting content.

Archived